dalton0302 Introduction

dalton0302

Marine
Verified Military
Thank you very much for accepting me into your community. I enlisted in the Marine Corps leaving a very abusive home in 1988, and even went open contract, to get the earliest date I could. I really did not know the Marine Corps had anything, but tough looking men that shot things, and while at Parris Island, my manhood shrunk to peas when I realized I could be anything from cook to admin to (man I have no idea).
In any case I ended up a 6466 Avionics FLIR tech and was stationed with MALS 11 in El Toro working on DRE's for the A6, and F/A-18 FlIRS. Did a deployment to Iwakuni in support of MALS 12, returning to EL Toro not 6 months later, 11 months later at the end of Desert Storm.
Finished my enlistment out in 1992 and went off to school with the goal of becoming an Infantry Officer in the Marine Corps and lead Marines at the Company level (Head scratcher I know...Avionics to Infantry....OCS, TBS, IOC...anytime someone ready to give me a hard time for something I did wrong you would hear, "WHERE IS MY ROCKET SCIENTIST."
Upon completion, I served as Weapons Platoon Commander for 2/3 Echo and later XO for 2/3 Echo based out of Marine Corps Base Kaneohe from 96-98. Deployed to Hansen, and was small boat company for the 31st MEU on the Belleau Wood in 97. I was your basic line Infantry Officer who worked hard to be the best leader I could for my Marines and maintain contact with many today. We trained hard, did not do any high speed low drag type of things most on this forum have, but we were ready for the call, and I consider myself lucky now that when I resigned my commission in 1998, that while I had dreams of gloriously leading my men in battle, I left with no such war stories. Still I am very proud of my service, and due to any lack of direction growing up, it was the Marine Corps that taught me to be the man I am today, and strive to be the best husband I can be to an awesome wife, and the best dad I can be to an amazing 12 year old daughter.

I am an IT Consultant now, and the lessons from the Corps have served me well, and I feel very lucky to have the life I have. My three closest friends are TBS and IOC classmates of mine and we are still as close as brothers today.
I live in Philadelphia with my family and our favorite activity is being in the mountains skiing and snowboarding as much as possible. My daughter is a nationally ranked slalom skier for her age group and is pursuing her dream to represent our country on the US Ski Team in time for the 2018 Olympics.

As I look at how much the Corps has done for me, I am now at a point that I want to give back and support our warriors in any way I can. Sr. Chief Don Shipley's "Phony Navy SEAL of the Week" opened my eyes to how sick some people can be in pursuit of stolen valor, and while I have met many "Force Recon" Marines and "SEALs" throughout my life in various watering holes, etc., I always informed them of my humble role, pride in it, and walked away sad for a loser with low self esteem. Perhaps I was naive, but a cursory search of the web opened my eyes to just how bad stolen valor can be with con men and sociopaths out there. It was during this search that I came across this forum as well as SSAT1 on FB of which I am a member.

That being said I am on this forum to support the community in any way I can, help any brother in critical need, and from a selfish point, learn from warriors that served at a more elite level from me with regard to anything from service related items to what your experiences have done for you as you have grown through life.
It is an honor to be accepted in the community among such elite warriors, and I will do my best to learn all I can in this forum, and support the forum.
Best regards,
Sean Dalton
dalton0302

Thanks for the welcome F.M. Our door is always open if you are ever in the city. I will message you my mobile. I look forward to providing support and learning from some of the best.

Thank you to all that have kindly welcomed me. I have supplied my DD214's for the vetting process and am anxiously awaiting my verified military tab so to speak. All in a military environment understand how important it can be to have your "marker" so what you say here others can judge by who it is coming from. I have already met some great men over the past couple of days and may even have found local drinking buddies. Thanks again,

Back