DEA SRT

Juggrnaut

Unverified
I was looking through MTI’s program list and saw the DEA FAST program, which I’m shooting for either during or after my service with the Army NG whether I’m selected for SF or not. I hadn’t read up on them in a while, so I went to check out the FAST requirements again and came across a Wikipedia page that stated the FAST teams are no longer active and it’s now SRT. The Wikipedia page also states that the requirements for SRT are unavailable due to secrecy... Tried doing some research and everything I could find is still about FAST teams.

Normally I would assume the lack of info is because it’s actually secret, however, having such a large collection of info on FAST and then turning into complete secrecy seems odd. Also, all of the info on gov and other sites still points to FAST as the DEA’s SOG unit. There’s not even any info that SRT exists other than on the Wiki.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this.

FAST got shut down a few years back after they got into a bit of hot water for some incidents Honduras. SRTs are out of their local field offices.

The Wikipedia page also states that the requirements for SRT are unavailable due to secrecy... Tried doing some research and everything I could find is still about FAST teams.

Normally I would assume the lack of info is because it’s actually secret, however,

1. Wikipedia....
2. If it isn't open source there's a reason for this.

Strange thing to keep secret though. I mean a few of those uber secret military units don't keep the entry requirements secret so I'm not sure why a tactical team would.

Everybody wants to be somebody special and once you add the word "secret" or any of its synonyms to your job...well, it makes you very special and *dangerous* and tacticool and...well, you get the point!

Contact the regional DEA office and speak with them rather than go off of what is on the Internet. It often turns out better that way.

Back