Dlask Arms Corp. DAR-701 Rifles

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Just found this company, any one else ever hear of it? It's Canadian based. The target and their new DAR-701 model look interesting.

http://www.dlaskarms.com/

DAR-701 Rifles

NEW_DAR_014.jpg

New DAR-701-1 Rifle​

New DAR-701:

# Semi-automatic
# Chambered for Military 5.56 and .223 Remington
# Accepts all standard magazines, parts, and accessories
# 6-position adjustable stock
# Flat-top upper with picatinny rail
# Free-floating aluminum picatinny hand guard
# Flat-top upper with Picatinny rail
# Your choice of 11.5" or 14.5" stepped barrel (11.5" shown)
# Your choice of Dlask open-ended or closed-ended flash hider
# Sight rail as shown not included
# Class: Restricted
# Made in Canada

dar701_M4.jpg

New DAR-701-4 (M4) Rifle​

M4 Configuration

# Milspec M4 configuration
# Telescopic Stock
# 14.5"or 16" stepped barrel
# Detachable carry handle sold separately
# Made in Canada

dar701_105.jpg

New DAR-701 CQB​

CQB Configuration
# CQB configuration
# Chambered for Military 5.56 and .223 Remington
# Telescopic Stock
# A2 upper receiver
# 10.5"or 11.5" barrel (10.5" shown)
# Made in Canada

dar701target.jpg

DAR_TARGET.jpg

DAR-701 Target​

Target Configuration

# Standard or new style receivers
# Standard aluminum hand guard
# 1/8" twist SS match barrel (available in 20-26" length)
# Accessories not included
# Made in Canada

Options:

# Various stocks, barrels, grips, rail systems, flash hiders, optics, etc. are available; call or write for your personal quotation.
# Side-cocker upper available
# Custom laser-engraved serial number available
# Custom modifications and accessories as shown are available on special order.

Pricing
DAR701-1 New DAR-701-1 (1-9 twist,11.5'' or 14.5'' bbl) $2,000.00
DAR701-T DAR-701 Target ( 1-8 twist ,22'',24'' or 26'' bbl) $2,200.00
DAR701-4 New DAR-701-4 (M4) Standard (14.5''bbl with Det Carry Handle) $1,725.00

Ok...

post recinded.. lol

just messin with the Canuck..

I used to drive from Lisbon Maine across the Can border just to get some Alpine beer.. good stuff.

Nah, I agree there is a lot of shite stuff built up here. But now and then there is some great small manufacturers. I'd be interested to see how these Dlask rifles handle. They are obviously just copying an excellent design but how well does the it hold up.

Alpine, I have had it on occasion. A tasty brew that it is.

Dlask makes good shit. They were big on making left handed weapons. I have not used them personally but they have a good rep.
Alpine is owned by Moosehead. I'm not a big fan of it. It is New Brunswick's big beer.

Dlask makes good shit. They were big on making left handed weapons. I have not used them personally but they have a good rep.
Alpine is owned by Moosehead. I'm not a big fan of it. It is New Brunswick's big beer.

Thanks Pete. ;) Yah I'm not too fond of Alpine or Moosehead but when I'm in down in that area, "When in Rome!". lol

So what exactly is meant by "restricted?" If it means only 5 rounds allowed, then what is the point of buying an AR?

So what exactly is meant by "restricted?" If it means only 5 rounds allowed, then what is the point of buying an AR?

Did you read any information on the Canadian Firearms Centre site I showed you? I'm not explaining this in detail for you! Do some of your own research and if you want to own some firearms take the courses; they'll teach you all you want to know on the courses. But if your that lazy that you don't want to figure it out for yourself, than your not ready to be a firearm owner.

Did you read any information on the Canadian Firearms Centre site I showed you? I'm not explaining this in detail for you! Do some of your own research and if you want to own some firearms take the courses; they'll teach you all you want to know on the courses. But if your that lazy that you don't want to figure it out for yourself, than your not ready to be a firearm owner.

Zing....LOL>:{

I'm pretty sure "restricted" had to do with barrel length.

While not being familiar with the firearm laws of our Brothers in the great white north, almost all the barrel lengths involved from Dlask shown are less than 16" (40.6 cm)

In the states, that classifies them and makes them subject to NFA rules. That and if the overall length is less than 26" (66 cm) they are subject to the act.

True, you can have anything you want. But, in order to legally own and possess them, prior to purchase, you apply to the ATF for at least a Title II license.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nfa/index.htm

I'm pretty sure "restricted" had to do with barrel length.

While not being familiar with the firearm laws of our Brothers in the great white north, almost all the barrel lengths involved from Dlask shown are less than 16" (40.6 cm)

In the states, that classifies them and makes them subject to NFA rules. That and if the overall length is less than 26" (66 cm) they are subject to the act.

True, you can have anything you want. But, in order to legally own and possess them, prior to purchase, you apply to the ATF for at least a Title II license.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nfa/index.htm

So even in gun-friendly states you need some kind of permission and background check-you can't just go around freely buying weapons (un-moded ARs, bazookas, shotguns, pistols etc)?

When have I said I want to be a firearms owner? Or that I genuinely cared about some gay-ass gun course? Just a curious inquiry, and I would greatly appreciate if someone was able to provide an answer. If you buy an automatic and your only allowed to fire 5 rounds, then whats the fucking point? Especially if it cost a couple grand.

So even in gun-friendly states you need some kind of permission and background check-you can't just go around freely buying weapons (un-moded ARs, bazookas, shotguns, pistols etc)?

Some items are categorized as articles of war, some weapons of mass destruction etc.

Any weapon that falls under the NFA has to be licensed with the Federal Government (BATF) regardless of what state you live in-even Alaska where you don't need a permit for either a handgun or a rifle.

Examples would be if its a short barrelled rifle, shotgun, automatic rifle, a machine gun, machine pistol, suppressed firearm, etc. The link I provided has all those that fall under the act listed.

With the nutjobs out there floating around, the reasons for such control are obvious.

Course, the laws where you're at as GD mentioned are probably different.

I wholly agree.

I have my M4, and currently have about 12 magazines that are 30 rounds each. 360 rounds to say hello to any home invader, tends to be a deterrant.

California has round limitations also, as well as external magazines (i think) The Cal M4/AR15 is a ten round INTERNAL magazine. after you shoot, you have to pop the rear retaining pin, crack open the weapon, load 10 rounds, close weapon, push pin, charge weapon, re-acquire target and then shoot..... too long a delay for me.. I'll stay in Tennessee, thank you.. :D

When have I said I want to be a firearms owner? Or that I genuinely cared about some gay-ass gun course? Just a curious inquiry, and I would greatly appreciate if someone was able to provide an answer. If you buy an automatic and your only allowed to fire 5 rounds, then whats the fucking point? Especially if it cost a couple grand.

You never said directly but you made a lot of statements that insinuate that you would like to acquire one. And with a comment like "gay-ass gun course", you would probably just buy one off the street illegally; which then causes the problems that appear on the news and in turn makes in more difficult for LEGAL gun owners like myself to acquire and possess them freely with out further restrictions. You've asked questions about gun ownership in Canada in other threads, I gave you the link to the Canadian Firearms Centre which has all the answers you need and if not, the links to sites that will.

I suggest you watch your tone, stop being a lazy ass kid and start finding your own fucking answers to your own stupid questions.

Here, just 'cause I am a nice guy. Now read, you can read can't you?

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/

you would probably just buy one off the street illegally; which then causes the problems that appear on the news and in turn makes in more difficult for LEGAL gun owners like myself to acquire and possess them freely with out further restrictions.

Thats a matter of opinion. Consumers want convenience. Everyone else be damned!

Back