Do you use a password manager?

I’ve been looking at Bitwarden and 1Password.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Sticky note under your keyboard, that's a classic. Or just use the same password and add a number at the end when you change it.
ken jeong password GIF

I don't use one, but previously LastPass was always a suggestion, I don't know if it is still considered good or not.

Honestly, your best bet is a little black book and a physical safe for anything you're really worried about...
This is actually it -- at least for personal stuff in your own home where physical access for most is significantly more limited/secure.

As noted, electronic repositories aren't immune from breach. Funny enough, employers don't like sticky notes with passwords under the keyboard, so obviously, you need a different approach like a password vault or simply remember it. Passphrases are stronger.

LastPass recently got hacked and it's safe to assume any other password program is just as liable to eventually get hacked.

LastPass hack: Cybersecurity experts sound the alarm over data breaches

I just use chrome password manager and hope for the best.
I accept that implicitly, there’s passwords that are inconsequential & others that are vital. If a hacker gets hold of low hanging fruit then so be it. The best password safe is memory & that isn’t really hackable & reserved for those sites that matter.

I don’t use it (yet) but I use Nord VPN. They have something called NordPass that I’m going to give a try at some point in the future.

If you don’t already have a VPN, you can get 3 years for around $125 for up to 10 devices.

I don’t use it (yet) but I use Nord VPN. They have something called NordPass that I’m going to give a try at some point in the future.

If you don’t already have a VPN, you can get 3 years for around $125 for up to 10 devices.
I had Nord VPN but didn’t renew. For me it’s not that good. Switzerland is the preferred country to route through.

Last edited:
Random nerd password info: Do not repeat same cased letters, numbers, and symbols in your password. Take Profiteer for example. Drop one of the e's and replace it with a 3 or a capital E like Profit3er or ProfiteEr. ProfiteerOne can become Profit3Er1 or Profit3ErOne.

Patterns make a password easier to break, especially if you're using a word as the base of your PW. Longer is better, longer and with random non-repeating everything is better/best.

I used to use TrueCrypt. Then I only needed the one password, and I saved passwords in the partition it created. Now almost everything I use is faceid protected in my phone. While not perfect, I don’t have any need for anything more secure and truecrypt is not supported any longer.

Back