Dream Car/Bike

I wouldn't mind a street glide, to cruise around on. That will probably show up next year though. In the middle of building a house.

When that Street Glide shows up and it's time to start customizing (about 30 seconds later), Direct Cycle Parts ({DCP} Motorcycle Parts & Accessories - Direct Cycle Parts) is a good option for aftermarket parts at a fair price. When I need genuine Harley parts I usually hit either New Castle HD (New Castle Harley-Davidson) or Surdyke (Harley Davidson Accessories | Harley Davidson Parts). Harley dealerships are independently owned and operated so I try to support the local franchise when I can, but ultimately I still need to stretch my dollars as far as possible.

Revzilla is good for riding gear; Dennis Kirk is my go-to for parts I can't get from Direct Cycle Parts and J&P Cycles is my last resort (they've screwed me more than once).

I love cars, so picking just one is difficult. European sports cars tend to be my favorite but, like women, I love all kinds - different ones for different reasons.

If I had to pick just one for everyday, all round it'd be a 2020 Porsche GT3 RS...it's just perfection on so many levels:
iris.jpeg
Others...

Singer 911 (they look like old 911s but are completely updated versions on modern platform):
singer-911-gray-01.jpg

And of course the 1957 Ferrari 625 TRC Spider is a classic:
2000-ferrari-f1-2000--image-courtesy-rm-auctions_100388026_m.jpg

I like bikes too. What has my curiousity lately is not a standard motorcycle, and may not necessarily be a dream bike, but it's one of the new 3 wheelers, the Vanderhall Laguna:
Vanderhall_Inli_1494022967.jpg

All that said, I do love my Ram 1500.

Can usually pick them up out of Kenya/Tanzania. My buddy has an office in Nairobi and will get them shipped over occasionally

Let's chat sometime...

I have 2 dream cars, a second Gen Viper GTS and a 1967 Mustang Fastback. Both are attainable right now however I am struggling with are they practicable.

I currently drive a Land Rover that is needing some repairs and I'm tired of paying for those as LR is ridiculously expensive for OEM parts, of which I need for the areas that need fixed so I'm currently shopping around for a Ram Power Wagon. It's like a Jeep Rubicon, but on steroids.

Let's chat sometime...

I have 2 dream cars, a second Gen (SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 2 HERE) Viper GTS and a 1967 Mustang Fastback. Both are attainable right now however I am struggling with are they practicable.

I currently drive a Land Rover that is needing some repairs and I'm tired of paying for those as LR is ridiculously expensive for OEM parts, of which I need for the areas that need fixed so I'm currently shopping around for a Ram Power Wagon. It's like a Jeep Rubicon, but on steroids.

Funny story. Wife and I were sitting outside last night and our conversation went a little something like this.

Me: "Check out this cool car for sale. It's been a dream car of mine since having the poster on my wall as a kid."

Wifey: "Oh, those are nice. You wanted a new car. Why not keep your current car and have that one as a fun weekend car?"

So a random mention to my wife while browsing Auto Trader leads me to going to look at a Viper GTS tomorrow so I can own 2 cars that are expensive to fix. It's not the color I'd like, but it's a low milage Gen II and will piss off my 3 Corvettes in his drive/garage neighbor.

Funny story. Wife and I were sitting outside last night and our conversation went a little something like this.

Me: "Check out this cool car for sale. It's been a dream car of mine since having the poster on my wall as a kid."

Wifey: "Oh, those are nice. You wanted a new car. Why not keep your current car and have that one as a fun weekend car?"

So a random mention to my wife while browsing Auto Trader leads me to going to look at a Viper GTS tomorrow so I can own 2 cars that are expensive to fix. It's not the color I'd like, but it's a low milage Gen II and will piss off my 3 Corvettes in his drive/garage neighbor.

What an utterly disappointment. Went and test drove it. First off you can tell the previous owners hit a lot of bumps, which is to be expected for a car with little ground clearance but it looked rough. The inside smelled musty, which maybe with a little febreeze and windows left open would clear it out but I'm not willing to risk it. Oh well. At least I know I gave a green light to get one now.

Not joking, I would love to find my first car, canary yellow 76 AMC Gremlin, in mint condition. It was ugly, it was slow, I couldn't pick up girls with it, but it was built like a tank and fun to drive.

Back