"Drink Good Beer"

During a recent visit to the US I had:

Hoegaarden: a really nice Belgian bottled wheat beer that tasted like vanilla. Great warm weather beer. Gotta get me some more of that.

Blue Moon: a nice Belgian style draft

Finished the trip meeting a friend for a final feed and beers at Rock & Brews in El Segundo before flying out of LAX up the road.

Huge selection of local micro/craft beers.

The habanero beer sucked, but everything else on the extensive beer menu was quite nice.

During a recent visit to the US I had:

Hoegaarden: a really nice Belgian bottled wheat beer that tasted like vanilla. Great warm weather beer. Gotta get me some more of that.

Blue Moon: a nice Belgian style draft

Finished the trip meeting a friend for a final feed and beers at Rock & Brews in El Segundo before flying out of LAX up the road.

Huge selection of local micro/craft beers.

The habanero beer sucked, but everything else on the extensive beer menu was quite nice.

If that is the Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin you are bashing, you had better shut your whore mouth.

If that is the Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin you are bashing, you had better shut your whore mouth.

I do believe it was good sir.

Despite being an aficionado of all things spicy I found the beverage to be akin to a liquid Gordon Knot covered in superglue and flames.

The more I drank the worse my thirst.

My rather stunning surfer girl companion arrived moments later and quickly noticed my terrible predicament(me drooling like a lobotomy patient whenever I opened my mouth to speak).

Fortunately she did not immediately break contact and conduct an E&E due to my involuntary physiological reaction, rather she insisted upon selecting my next beverage on my behalf as I was obviously incapable of doing so without causing myself harm.

The good lady ordered up a pair of Betty IPAs, of which we enjoyed several pints.

The beer being almost as tasty as my company.

So I came to the inevitable conclusion that a beautiful and knowledgeable California girl ordering beer on my behalf is far more enjoyable than ordering and drinking liquified grizzly bear repellant of my own accord.

Good day to you sir.

I left the area for the last time 9 years ago... to the PNW, and now big Sky Country... where excellent beer is literally brewed everywhere, although some of these brewers use more hops than anything else making some undrinkable at IBUs of 100, 200, 300+.

The craft brewers in the PNW and the ones here in Wellington are cut from the same cloth in many ways. Unfortunately one of those ways is throwing in the entire hop crop into production. It's like they're trying to outdo each other.

Originally being a New Yorker (Douglaston Manor)... except for Brooklyn Brewing there are no really good breweries left in the area below West Point unless you are willing to get microbrews for $15/pint... btw, Brooklyn Brewing holds the recipe for the McSorley's ales now, and Schaeffer, and Ballantine and Schmidt's IIRC... PA does have stellar breweries YEUNGLING!!!!!

I left the area for the last time 9 years ago... to the PNW, and now big Sky Country... where excellent beer is literally brewed everywhere, although some of these brewers use more hops than anything else making some undrinkable at IBUs of 100, 200, 300+.

At least Long Island has its "Wine County" out east.. good place to bring the lady during the summer for a nice day out. I'd prefer beer but hey, its something.

Ah yes, Yeungling is definitely a good tasting beer at that. The only beer I've enjoyed brewed on Long Island is Blue Point beers.

31 Stout

It's a memorial beer for the fallen on Extortion 17, including the K-9, with proceeds going to the SOWF.

It's a milk stout from a brewery down in cajun country. It was fairly expensive, and I wasn't gonna buy it until I saw the description on the bottle and I just had to get it. Turned out to be a great beer, light for a stout but full flavored with the chocolate and coffee malts coming through nicely. Quality beer for a quality cause.

Back