"Drink Good Beer"

My favorite beer right now is Founders Dirty Bastard. It is a Scotch Ale.

Seeing as fall is approaching I will admit I am a sucker for a pumpkin beer. Foothills Pumpkin is good but, but Southern Tiers Pumking beer is my favorite as of now.

image.jpg Sam Adams Octoberfest. I feel like this beer is more hoppy than the summer seasonal but it feels "lighter". It was a good drink to accompany my ribs/steak/chicken meal

If any of you ever get out to Milwaukee, (say a Summerfest concert, or Harley anniversary) I highly recommend New Glarus Spotted Cow. Excellent local brew (only available in WI, although a couple of bars in Minnesota have tried and failed to bring bootlegging back to satisfy their consumer demand) with great flavor and thick, but not too much so. For mainstream I prefer Dos Equis XX, but to not drink Miller Lite on Sunday game days, or while tailgating for Brewer games, would simply be traitorous.

I'm still sitting here waiting for somebody to thank me for suggesting this beautiful beverage.... seriously go try it.

beer_26503.jpg

I used to mildly fancy myself a connoisseur before the leech concurred with the sawbones that I had the diabeetus, so then I went flex-fuel. Whatever you got,I'll drink. Eat some salad, refill. Shee-it, I can even get a buzz off O'Doul's.

My phone was on 1% when I posted the picture so I didn't get write my take on the beer..

It was good. Didn't tickle me fancy too much, I did enjoy it though. I wouldn't choose it over other beers, but definitely over Bud.

I did enjoy an Abita Purple Haze afterwards. Got a couple other different brews when I picked up the Dirty Bastard, one of which was an another Founders. It was a DIY 6-pack rack. I forgot the name of the other two but I'll toss their names up on here if they're anything to speak of...

There was a craft/microbrew tasting held in my town last weekend. One of the coolest takeaways of the event was getting to talk to the brewers about their ingredients and processes for the darker, heavier beers. The best beer in my opinion was a Vanilla Bourbon Porter by Red River Brewing Company that I will be sure to spend money on as soon as they commercialize their product in the next year.

My phone was on 1% when I posted the picture so I didn't get write my take on the beer..

It was good. Didn't tickle me fancy too much, I did enjoy it though. I wouldn't choose it over other beers, but definitely over Bud.

I did enjoy an Abita Purple Haze afterwards. Got a couple other different brews when I picked up the Dirty Bastard, one of which was an another Founders. It was a DIY 6-pack rack. I forgot the name of the other two but I'll toss their names up on here if they're anything to speak of...
I agree. I like Founders beer but Dirty Bastard isn't that great. Are you from Michigan? Check out New Holland Brewing. I visited their brewery last week and it was pretty neat. I like their Dragon's Milk (incredible) and Full Circle lager, but honestly I've liked all of their beers to date.

I agree. I like Founders beer but Dirty Bastard isn't that great. Are you from Michigan? Check out New Holland Brewing. I visited their brewery last week and it was pretty neat. I like their Dragon's Milk (incredible) and Full Circle lager, but honestly I've liked all of their beers to date.
Shorts is supposed to be another good place, my sisters love it. Bells will always be special to me but I also helped build the beer garden when it first opened...lol

Nope. Quite a bit East from there (Long Island). If I ever happen to be around that area of Michigan I will check it out, thanks.

Nope. Quite a bit East from there (Long Island). If I ever happen to be around that area of Michigan I will check it out, thanks.

Originally being a New Yorker (Douglaston Manor)... except for Brooklyn Brewing there are no really good breweries left in the area below West Point unless you are willing to get microbrews for $15/pint... btw, Brooklyn Brewing holds the recipe for the McSorley's ales now, and Schaeffer, and Ballantine and Schmidt's IIRC... PA does have stellar breweries YEUNGLING!!!!!

I left the area for the last time 9 years ago... to the PNW, and now big Sky Country... where excellent beer is literally brewed everywhere, although some of these brewers use more hops than anything else making some undrinkable at IBUs of 100, 200, 300+.

Back