Eczema question

Hi everyone. I don't mean to hijack @ikonik's thread too much, but following in a similar vein, if I already have a waiver for my eczema but subsequently apply to something like SFAS or RASP II, will that waiver preclude me from joining, or is that something each medical team will evaluate on its own merits?

Maybe this is fanciful thinking with regards to the smallpox issue, but from what I also understand there is a new variant of the smallpox shot called Jynneos that is manufactured by Bavarian Nordic which is okay for people with eczema to use since it vastly reduces the risk of an adverse reaction. I'm not sure if that is something that the Army is using but what I do know is that the FDA has approved it.

Hi everyone. I don't mean to hijack @ikonik's thread too much, but following in a similar vein, if I already have a waiver for my eczema but subsequently apply to something like SFAS or RASP II, will that waiver preclude me from joining, or is that something each medical team will evaluate on its own merits?

Maybe this is fanciful thinking with regards to the smallpox issue, but from what I also understand there is a new variant of the smallpox shot called Jynneos that is manufactured by Bavarian Nordic which is okay for people with eczema to use since it vastly reduces the risk of an adverse reaction. I'm not sure if that is something that the Army is using but what I do know is that the FDA has approved it.
If you were approved to go into the Army you should have no issues attaining an Option 40 or SFAS slot- I cant totally vouch for the former as it is not my career field.

Back