Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

Step Brothers Fighting GIF by reactionseditor

Fight, Fight, Fight!

No matter how rich you are, you have someone that is going to be able to leverage your behavior. That "someone" that can leverage Elon Musk is the Vanguard and Blackrock conglomerate.

This is the meme that was around a few weeks ago right, this isn't a serious comment?

This is the meme that was around a few weeks ago right, this isn't a serious comment?
I mean- it's factually correct (as far as the controlling shares in both companies); the predations of both Blackrock and Vanguard are established (to include their seemingly overt collusion on topics such as "the great reset"); so in that regard, yea, serious comment.

FANG-T (FAANG? MAMAA-T? whatever label you want to assign to "big tech and controlling companies") isn't driven by their CEO's... they're driven by their controlling interests. In this case, Blackrock and Vanguard hold a monetary and prescriptive advantage/deterrent for Musk's actions through more stock at Twitter, and the largest interest (combined) in Tesla.

I mean- it's factually correct (as far as the controlling shares in both companies); the predations of both Blackrock and Vanguard are established (to include their seemingly overt collusion on topics such as "the great reset"); so in that regard, yea, serious comment.

FANG-T (FAANG? MAMAA-T? whatever label you want to assign to "big tech and controlling companies") isn't driven by their CEO's... they're driven by their controlling interests. In this case, Blackrock and Vanguard hold a monetary and prescriptive advantage/deterrent for Musk's actions through more stock at Twitter, and the largest interest (combined) in Tesla.

The actual funds and the capital that makes their sizing is actually your dollars and mine. The interests in the positions come from their index mapped funds which are made up of 401k/IRA/pension/etc etc etc. They are just bench mapped products and the benchmarks have an equation to what goes in, they just mirror. Before my company sold the mutual funds it owned we had at one point the ~15th largest small cap fund in the world, give or take daily AUM. That doesn't mean we influenced the companies in the sense you are alluding to and we were a top 10 owner of almost every position we took if not higher.

I am not saying they don't influence things or policy, just not directly like indicated. Normally they would move towards policy changes and have seats with the other large financial institution heads on what direction that goes.

I am not saying they don't influence things or policy, just not directly like indicated. Normally they would move towards policy changes and have seats with the other large financial institution heads on what direction that goes.
That's interesting (the bolded). I think we agree at least on this part- Blackrock and Vanguard influence things or policies. We just disagree on how.

When Teufel comes over to your house for dinner, he brings the dinner with him. It doesn’t matter that he just got off a trans-Paoific flight literally that morning, he’ll hit the NEX after work and have use enough time for the marinade to set before he shows up and steers cooking.

And then he regaled the entire fam with hilarious stories about his Naval Academy days, and the exploits of a certain ex-Kiwi we all know.

When Teufel comes over to your house for dinner, he brings the dinner with him. It doesn’t matter that he just got off a trans-Paoific flight literally that morning, he’ll hit the NEX after work and have use enough time for the marinade to set before he shows up and steers cooking.

And then he regaled the entire fam with hilarious stories about his Naval Academy days, and the exploits of a certain ex-Kiwi we all know.
I did do that once didn't I. That was a good time. I think we had so much fun that all your kids were wearing GO NAVY pins by the time i left.

Back