Favorite Knives

M

mayuiers

A good knife is a must while in the military.. I'm about to start the pararescue pipeline (if all goes well with indoc..) and have heard a lot about Jay Fisher and his PJLT. Jay Fishers PJLT page Though the odds off becoming a J aren't in my favor I'm confident I'll be making it through the "hellish rigors" and am doing my homework a LITTLE ahead of time to see what everyones favorite knives are? Has anyone used a Jay Fisher or any other knife they swear by? Story time's always fun too ..opsec in mind

PJLTMicartaC.jpg

I'm kind of partial to Harsey/Reeves knives like the 'Green Beret' and 1st SFG(A) knife. I'm sure there are a few others on this website that are as well.

Attachments

• gbspecialopsheath.jpg
    gbspecialopsheath.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 23
A quick use of the search feature on the board shows that we've got at least one thread about knives on here... In fact, there's one with 127 posts! http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5666&highlight=knives

It's a handy feature, the search tool, and quite easy to find up on the tool bar, quite useful, kinda like a good knife. ;)

LL

odd, i did a search on both "knife" and "knives" beforehand and didn't come up with anything of relevance; obviously i'm as good at searching forums as my grandmother is at changing the channel on the "tv" errr microwave .. apologies for the cyber pollution :(

odd, i did a search on both "knife" and "knives" beforehand and didn't come up with anything of relevance; obviously i'm as good at searching forums as my grandmother is at changing the channel on the "tv" errr microwave .. apologies for the cyber pollution :(

No worries. Just a little nudge. :) I'm a librarian, AND I knew what thread I was looking for.

One of the secrets to searching is to not give up after the first couple links. Especially with a common word (knives/knife on a SOF forum) you have to check out quite a few links. Also, remember the search engine employed on a bb isn't as sophisticated as Google. Thus endeth this lesson! ;)

LL

I really like microtech's automatic knives, a bit pricey but very nice....i'm also a big fan of their fixed blad curahee, good weight to it and a nice size.

I carried a big aviation screwdriver sharpened to a point with friction tape around the handle on the side of my ruck. Not very practical from a utility standpoint but very lethal and less likely to glance off a rib. The Marine Raiders used them.

But otherwise a Ka Bar is a fine knife.

I carried a big aviation screwdriver sharpened to a point with friction tape around the handle on the side of my ruck. Not very practical from a utility standpoint but very lethal and less likely to glance off a rib. The Marine Raiders used them.

But otherwise a Ka Bar is a fine knife.

Sounds like it would punch a hole, all right!:cool:

milk.jpg

Cold steel tanto there, had it in iraq/afghanistan. Also swisstools. currently have a gerber freehand, best gerber I've found other than their auto they make... very few gerbers I like due to the steel.

Oh, and my wife bought me this, always had wanted one.

Ranger%20Stabby%20%28Large%29.JPG

Once you make it in the pipeline for being a PJ and if you make it to AF SERE - upon graduation you get an AF Survival Knife that is one of my fav's! Plus because you earned it, it will mean something!!! I know mine does!!!

Once you make it in the pipeline for being a PJ and if you make it to AF SERE - upon graduation you get an AF Survival Knife that is one of my fav's! Plus because you earned it, it will mean something!!! I know mine does!!!

It should!