Fearless Special Forces Canine Photo

B

Boon

A U.S. Soldier with the 10th Special Forces Group and his military working dog jump off the ramp of a CH-47 Chinook helicopter from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment during water training over the Gulf of Mexico March 1, 2011, as part of exercise Emerald Warrior 2011. Emerald Warrior is an annual two-week joint/combined tactical exercise sponsored by U.S. Special Operations Command designed to leverage lessons learned from operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom to provide trained and ready forces to combatant commanders.
special-forces-canine.jpg

its pathetic that there are dogs out there that have done more for this country then 60% of all military personnel.
* direct action missions
* jumping from the back of 47s into freezing water
* Fast roping
* free falling
* all around killing machines

It's because for the dog it's all about team work. Dogs understand being part of a team better than most people I know.

I've never worked with MWDs, just basing my opinion off my experiences with my own dogs...

i was always scared to death of our dog in Iraq
it had no other purpose other then find and eliminate squirters, haha

LOL one of the SEAL team 2 dog’s bit one of our joes when he tried to pet him. It was great, nobody like this joe, and I think the dog picked up on that and did what we all wanted to do (but couldn’t). The amount of training and preparation that goes into becoming a military working dog is no small task. My dad was working a deal with the USAF to start breeding Labs for them before he died; they have a hell of a requirement list to even make it to testing…

I would have loved to been able to worked as a K9 handler in the Army.

I must say I was blessed to be a part of that program. It was absolutely awesome! The military has worked very hard at figuring out the best training programs.

Pic might look like the dog was pushed, but I bet that dog was going for it on his own and with enthusiasm.

In fact, an old retired AF dog handler started a school in this here neck of the woods and it has grown and become extremely popular. Took a dog through some of their classes and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

LL

How did that old cadence go...?

Had an old dog his name was Blue
Blue wanted to be a Ranger too.... :)

dogs?.... enjoy this counterdrug dog, his name is Pit..... (I already posted it... but always interesting to see).. In this video I jumped 10° after him... you can see that dog reject the door pointing his front paws... each jump must be picked up and thrown out (this dog has more than 50 jumps)

In italy there is a motto that says: "now jump themselves dogs and pigs":D

Back