Finning at BRC

SwimRunLift

Unverified
I searched this website and others for an answer to my question but to no avail.

I understand finning is a big part of BRC, and I am a bit confused on fin techniques.
Am I suppoed to fin doing sidestroke? Or fin doing front crawl?
I understand it may be a stupid question.

Also, any specific fin I should use to replicate the ones at BRC?

Thanks.
Ryan

Haven't been to BRC, but if it's anything like MCD or our amphib, you'll either:

A. Have a tacboard glued to your face with elbows tucked tight, and just flutter kick til your ankles are numb

B. Waterproof and float a 50lb ruck, then just push it said distance until your ankles are numb.

And if for some reason you're side stroking, which I doubt you will be, then the side stroke doesn't change much with fins on.

Tbh most people in my class had never finned until the course and they did fine. Just kick harder and don't be a nancy.

@Teufel or someone will probably be around soon to clarify

I don’t think you use a tac board at BRC. Then again I went a long long time ago. You should fin on your side. You don’t need to mess with the arm motion. @Hillclimb is correct, you will push a ruck on most finning evolutions but you start off on your side in the course and some of the initial timed fins are on your side.

Haven't been to BRC, but if it's anything like MCD or our amphib, you'll either:

A. Have a tacboard glued to your face with elbows tucked tight, and just flutter kick til your ankles are numb

B. Waterproof and float a 50lb ruck, then just push it said distance until your ankles are numb.

And if for some reason you're side stroking, which I doubt you will be, then the side stroke doesn't change much with fins on.

Tbh most people in my class had never finned until the course and they did fine. Just kick harder and don't be a nancy.

@Teufel or someone will probably be around soon to clarify
Very sound advice, I appreciate your time and will keep that all in mind.

I don’t think you use a tac board at BRC. Then again I went a long long time ago. You should fin on your side. You don’t need to mess with the arm motion. @Hillclimb is correct, you will push a ruck on most finning evolutions but you start off on your side in the course and some of the initial timed fins are on your side.

I will start finning on my side. Thanks for the advice.

Back