Former Marine Bachelors degree nursing, Trying to secure EOD Officer or Enlisted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdong

Unverified
So I'm just looking for some guidance. I got out of the Marines a year ago and have been attending college for nursing, turning out not to be my cup of tea but finishing out. I was with MARSOC as a boat mechanic and coxswain. I was deployed in south africa and other parts of the world, with MSOTS, Special boat teams, and one seal team.

I had a kick-ass time and always wanted to be an EOD tech when I was a kid. I trained to forget commandos on boat formations, Troubleshooting boat engines in their shops, and under simulated fire. I was excellent at my job when I returned home; I started prepping for EOD. Then I met my wife, and we decided we wanted a family, so I got out. Now I'm back in school and should finish in 2021, ill be 27 years old.

However, I am hoping to either enter as an EOD officer. If not, try enlisted what would be the best route and any workout routines I can utilize or if anyone knows any EOD Tech to let me contact them for guidance. I'm still trying to get my wife on board, but I'm very committed to this if she gives me the green light.

Training with EOD, I got to blow a few blasting caps and knew It was going to be a good fit made me feel like a kid again made me excited happy and felt high fantastic feeling, I usually get sketched by some stuff, but it felt like the perfect amount of adrenaline. I'm very technical been working on everything with my old man since I was a kid mentioning because It seems to be a very technical field.

We were not scared, not underscored, and not uneasy. I felt calm, relaxed, and addicted. Not trying to be on some hurt locker bullshit, but it felt like a good fit. Anyway, not looking for some troll ass support guys are a full of himself SF telling me I'm a bitch.

If you want to question my service ill talk about it. I was with the 3rd Marine Raider Battalion November company. Just saying due to my last encounter with some SF guy questioning me about being a boat guy for a couple of days to feed that already huge EGO. Ill is humble with you; you return the favor, is all I ask. God bless and Semper Fidelis

-"It not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" Dwight D Eisenhower

- Mod Edit to add paragraphs -
Ooh Rah

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Arf
Wow. Um, yeah. Interesting post, there, dude.

Not SOF, not even SOF support just an old Female vet with a few years of life experience to give you a couple of small pieces of advice.

1 - Making a good impression on someone goes a long way towards them being willing to assist you. When it comes to a world comprised of text; proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format go a long way to making said good impression.

2 - Good military officers quickly learn, generally, the most valuable teachers are the enlisted folk. The vast majority of this forum are current or former enlisted, and SOF or SOF support to boot. Insulting them doesn't inspire them to assist you. Again, that first impression thing I've already mentioned, applies.

3 - Self-correction is a good thing, AND makes a difference with first impressions.

The shoe is now on your foot. Whatcha gonna do with it?

LL

I didn't read over it, not smart of me. Yes, I looked at it and looks like Helen Keller wrote it, sorry not trying to come across as incomprehensible I have my strong suits English, not one. However, I was preparing for bed, and just finger punched it hoping. The shadow spear editors don't catch it. No disrespect at all I understand Military officers are held to a high Standards . Most of them are awe-inspiring people. So yes you are correct I will grammar check myself thank you for the input I appreciate the feedback.

So do you have any answers to the question its self? Much appreciated?

I liked some officers as enlisted but I never found there work very glamours and I never wanted those shoes so advice from EOD officer would be useful are if you can find a link. I really don't post on here to have conversations more or less looking advice about MOS'S

• Dislike
The original post is borderline incomprehensible to read. Where exactly is your question? I believe you asked about PT programs and/or an EOD tech POC? It seems like you also asked for the "best route" but the language makes it a puzzle to read.

I suggest you do research about the available routes and come back with more pointed questions and less braggadocio behavior.

You say "you don't post on here to have conversations" in response to LibertyLady. She probably didn't want to type all of that out but she was trying to help YOU. You need to humble yourself. For someone who is finishing college, your writing ability is at a middle school level. The people on this forum have done WAY more than you or me (probably both of us combined), and they are more humble.

People are just trying to help you. Help them, help you.

So I'm just looking for some guidance. I got out of the Marines a year ago and have been attending college for nursing, turning out not to be my cup of tea but finishing out. I was with MARSOC as a boat mechanic and coxswain. I was deployed in south africa and other parts of the world, with MSOTS, Special boat teams, and one seal team.

I had a kick-ass time and always wanted to be an EOD tech when I was a kid. I trained to forget commandos on boat formations, Troubleshooting boat engines in their shops, and under simulated fire. I was excellent at my job when I returned home; I started prepping for EOD. Then I met my wife, and we decided we wanted a family, so I got out. Now I'm back in school and should finish in 2021, ill be 27 years old.

However, I am hoping to either enter as an EOD officer. If not, try enlisted what would be the best route and any workout routines I can utilize or if anyone knows any EOD Tech to let me contact them for guidance. I'm still trying to get my wife on board, but I'm very committed to this if she gives me the green light.

Training with EOD, I got to blow a few blasting caps and knew It was going to be a good fit made me feel like a kid again made me excited happy and felt high fantastic feeling, I usually get sketched by some stuff, but it felt like the perfect amount of adrenaline. I'm very technical been working on everything with my old man since I was a kid mentioning because It seems to be a very technical field.

We were not scared, not underscored, and not uneasy. I felt calm, relaxed, and addicted. Not trying to be on some hurt locker bullshit, but it felt like a good fit. Anyway, not looking for some troll ass support guys are a full of himself SF telling me I'm a bitch.

If you want to question my service ill talk about it. I was with the 3rd Marine Raider Battalion November company. Just saying due to my last encounter with some SF guy questioning me about being a boat guy for a couple of days to feed that already huge EGO. Ill is humble with you; you return the favor, is all I ask. God bless and Semper Fidelis

-"It not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" Dwight D Eisenhower
So I tried to help you out by adding some much needed paragraphs, but dude....you are all over this place with a lot of 'statements'.

Not one single "question mark" though. So again,

What is your question?

So I tried to help you out by adding some much needed paragraphs, but dude....you are all over this place with a lot of 'statements'.

Not one single "question mark" though. So again,

What is your question?
Thank you for fixing that not giving myself a good look for first thread.

The original post is borderline incomprehensible to read. Where exactly is your question? I believe you asked about PT programs and/or an EOD tech POC? It seems like you also asked for the "best route" but the language makes it a puzzle to read.

I suggest you do research about the available routes and come back with more pointed questions and less braggadocio behavior.

You say "you don't post on here to have conversations" in response to LibertyLady. She probably didn't want to type all of that out but she was trying to help YOU. You need to humble yourself. For someone who is finishing college, your writing ability is at a middle school level. The people on this forum have done WAY more than you or me (probably both of us combined), and they are more humble.

People are just trying to help you. Help them, help you.
Hey I wasn't attaching her and it was a very lazy paragraph, you so kind I was on a 1st grade level last week. Moving up in the world, didn't mean to upset you. The Moderator fixed it, have a good morning.

• Dislike
Hey I wasn't attaching her and it was a very lazy paragraph, you so kind I was on a 1st grade level last week. Moving up in the world, didn't mean to upset you. The Moderator fixed it, have a good morning.
You obviously did not take any of what you have been told seriously; this is a waste of time.

Try again in a few days.

locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back