France mulls early pullout, suspends Afghan training.

I don't blame them if they want to pull out.

Getting waxed by your allies who you are there to train and fight side by side with.. that could not be any more demoralizing.

And the French announced an early pullout.

http://news.yahoo.com/sarkozy-frenc...BzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

PARIS (Reuters) - French troops will start handing over security to the Afghan army in March and focus on training until pulling out of Afghanistan completely at the end of 2013, President Nicolas Sarkozy said on Friday.
Sarkozy said French troops would resume training on Saturday after receiving security guarantees from Afghan President Hamid Karzai who was in Paris on a visit.
He added France would send NATO a plan next month proposing the handover of all foreign combat operations in Afghanistan next year.

We will see more of these "accidental killings"; we tried to help, but our help is not wanted, so we need to leave and let the Taliban do their thing. The fence-sitters will and those who wanted a more modern Afghanistan will suffer the most. Kharzi gets to live in France, and hopefully the French Government screws him over on a daily basis.

[QUOTE:SOWT] those who wanted a more modern Afghanistan will suffer the most. [/QUOTE]

X2

This whole thing makes me shudder at the thought of what's going to happen to the native terps, & other allied indig (and their families) after we're gone.

it's the Montagnards all over again.

[QUOTE:SOWT] those who wanted a more modern Afghanistan will suffer the most.

X2

This whole thing makes me shudder at the thought of what's going to happen to the native terps, & other allied indig (and their families) after we're gone.

it's the Montagnards all over again.[/quote]
There is a lot of history of what happens to the people that helped the US.
For those that still think we should be there I ask to what end. What is our goal to give them democracy? To give them independance? Or did we go there to kill the people that declared war on us? I don't see a clear picture of what we are trying to do anymore.
This part of the world has changed the least since the dark ages along with HOA. Leave them to their own and when they try to step out of the sand to hurt some one kill them. Pure and simple to me stay in your sand box and kill each other fine with me. Step out of the box and we will kill you. Some day time will take over and they will join the civilized parts of the world. This will only happen when education comes to town not before.
I know not a popular view point.

For those that still think we should be there I ask to what end. What is our goal to give them democracy? To give them independance? Or did we go there to kill the people that declared war on us? I don't see a clear picture of what we are trying to do anymore.
This part of the world has changed the least since the dark ages along with HOA. Leave them to their own and when they try to step out of the sand to hurt some one kill them. Pure and simple to me stay in your sand box and kill each other fine with me. Step out of the box and we will kill you. Some day time will take over and they will join the civilized parts of the world. This will only happen when education comes to town not before.

I am in the we are here to kill you group. Part of the problem was "Rummy".
Iraq became center stage before we consolidated our gains in Afghanistan, troops were tied to the FOB, and this gave the Taliban access to the countryside (where victory in Afghanistan is cemented).

The war should have stayed a SOF run event, with some light Bn's in support.

I'm not saying try to build a democracy there. The strategy of imposing a foreign set of values in that region has failed for every Army going all the way back to Alexander the Great for a reason. But leaving the natives that gamble their lives to help us, to fall into enemy hands when we pull out, is completely retarded, and with a long enough track record of it, is going to bite us in the ass next time we need natives anywhere to help. the 3rd world has TV. They might be dirty, but they aint stupid.

Everyone is going to be so outraged when the TB slaughter our collaborators wholesale. :rolleyes:

Back