Ft.Bragg

Northwest Florida. 7th SFG compound on Eglin Range.
The clubhouse bar is 2 blocks from where I stay in Florida. My nephew Nick ( former NSW) is a commercial real estate agent in the area.
I stay and visit with a bunch down there. Whenever I go to Asymmetric Solutions’ Florida Warfare Center to train occasionally.

Ft.Bragg’sname is apparently being changed to Ft.Liberty. Anyone else hearing this?

I think this is a huge missed opportunity, it could have been so much better than this. “Shughart” “Zabitowski” “Benavidez” would have been awesome.

I am totally ok with renaming bases named after losers. But this new name is lame af.
Shouldnt even be having this discussion, These decissions are being made by those who have never served, based on wokeism BS.

Shouldnt even be having this discussion, These decissions are being made by those who have never served, based on wokeism BS.
I consider the renamings part of an annoying social trend of “remaking” America in a way I don’t like, but I don’t think your statement is accurate, particularly the part about who is making the decisions. I assure you there are plenty of woke veterans and active duty military, some of whom are deeply involved in the renaming process and the downward spiral of our nation and the military.

I consider the renamings part of an annoying social trend of “remaking” America in a way I don’t like, but I don’t think your statement is accurate, particularly the part about who is making the decisions. I assure you there are plenty of woke veterans and active duty military, some of whom are deeply involved in the renaming process and the downward spiral of our nation and the military.

The way I first interpreted the comment was that if the "wokeism BS" was not occurring, we would not even be at the point of having to rename anything; it would be a non-issue. But rereading it, I totally see where you're coming from, and agree.

The way I first interpreted the comment was that if the "wokeism BS" was not occurring, we would not even be at the point of having to rename anything; it would be a non-issue. But rereading it, I totally see where you're coming from, and agree.
The cult of wokeness is definitely a problem, and is of course the driving reason why all of this renaming and replacing and "reimagining" is going on in the US right now. But it's untrue, and would be a cop-out even if it was true, to say that the people making (or at least influencing) the decision to rename US military installations, "never served." SEC Austin and GEN Milley, for example, are rabid leftists but they are also legit vets.

Coming off the top rope with an untrue ad hominem the way our new friend did is going to make it hard for me to take him seriously in the future, even if my politics generally align with his.

The cult of wokeness is definitely a problem, and is of course the driving reason why all of this renaming and replacing and "reimagining" is going on in the US right now. But it's untrue, and would be a cop-out even if it was true, to say that the people making (or at least influencing) the decision to rename US military installations, "never served." SEC Austin and GEN Milley, for example, are rabid leftists but they are also legit vets.

Coming off the top rope with an untrue ad hominem the way our new friend did is going to make it hard for me to take him seriously in the future, even if my politics generally align with his.

Yeah, no doubt, me too. Just interesting how I first read it totally different than how some others read it. Either poorly worded/inarticulate argument, or I need to work on my reading comprehension.

The first part of your post, fully agree.

One of the reasons I hang out with you folks here is because we hold each other accountable. I think some FNGs just have to get that first bitch-slap here to realize it. Its part of the learning process for some.

Milley Calls for ‘Hard Look’ at Renaming Bases Honoring Confederates (Published 2020)

Back