Gardening

I'm just north of you. Planted around May 1st and we've got a few flowers (started a few weeks ago). Farmer's Almanac gives the last frost dates as the end of April. Been using that as a guidepost for the last few years with no issues.

I just wait until its above 50 degrees plus every night, to be sure, and I usually get a shit ton of Tomatoes. I never had a lot of luck planting before mid- May but I haven't done that for some time.

We just finished taking in some more herbs. The basil is seasonal here. Does great in the heat but does not like it when it cools down. Rosemary grows year round. Picked up two limes and another lemon tree. Cherry tomatoes are doing fine and, if I can get the birds to leave them alone, we may have some grapes this year.

We have about 18 tomato plants, plus/minus a couple. About a third of those have fruit now but we're still a ways off from it being red. All of them are small tomatoes, cherry, grape, etc.
Some squash and zucchini, lots of flowers but nothing yet.

I like to grow the mini tomatoes. Low maintenance, lots of them, they ripen at different times and you can pick them almost every day and use for different things.

I like to grow the mini tomatoes. Low maintenance, lots of them, they ripen at different times and you can pick them almost every day and use for different things.
I've been taking ours to the office every day for weeks. Hubby is allergic so my office mate gets breakfast fresh from my garden.

ETA: sweet potato slips are growing roots and sprouting tops.

Back