Gearheads

@Red Flag 1 , I had a canary yellow '73 MG Midget, the last year they had the chrome bumpers. They went to black plastic in '74. Great little car. My dad also had a sports car, a red 61' Austin Healy Sprite.

This is my rig now, a 2011 F350 flatbed dually 6.7 turbo diesel, 400 hp. It got recalled for a data upgrade and now it's 401 HP 8-). Pic taken outside the C-130 hanger at Cleawater CG Air Station.

IMG_1125_zps6e28410b.jpg

That' s a lot of truck and she looks factory fresh.

I'm nearing my midlife crisis. I've been looking at a 1999 Dodge Viper GTS or an 06 Cayman S.

Even found a Factory 5 Cobra with the 427 locally but it's more than I want to spend. Maybe after I become a GS 14...

I'm nearing my midlife crisis. I've been looking at a 1999 Dodge Viper GTS or an 06 Cayman S.

Even found a Factory 5 Cobra with the 427 locally but it's more than I want to spend. Maybe after I become a GS 14...

Get the Viper. The last production year for them will be 2017. They'll only go up in price from that point on. :thumbsup:

Yea, that's the thought I've had as well.

Look at the price of Lamborghini Diablo's. A few years ago you could find them as low as $120k. Now, they are all over $240k.

These are both 1980 MG-B's The yellow B is stock with normal ride height. Mine is next to it, and you can see the difference in ride and bumper height. It's hard to find two of the same year side by side, except for car shows.

upload_2016-5-9_18-39-35.png

Last edited:

Have you test driven one? The older ones weren't very comfortable. Knees to chest in the drivers seat. I'd still buy one ;-)

This is for sale locally at a vintage/ custom car dealer.

Very clean on the inside, under, and out.

Took the pics on a day they were closed, no info sheet in the window. It *looks* a lot like my '75, but that isn't saying much for accuracy. I imagine a series of years looked very similar back in their day.

Any thoughts on year/ worth?

upload_2016-9-19_9-58-59.png

upload_2016-9-19_9-59-24.png

upload_2016-9-19_10-0-8.png

upload_2016-9-19_10-0-48.png

091c.jpg

One of the last of the Ford Falcon XR8 utes, the next model used a 5L supercharged V8 instead of the 5.4L this one has, and they decided not to do a XR8 ute.

Falcon and Territory production winds up next month, Holden will finish up manufacturing soon too. I find i hard to believe that once upon a time we almost exclusively drove Australian built cars and by next year we'll make none.

Looks like a '79 MGB Roadster.

Yeah, I think you're right, A.;'79 or '80. The suspensions changed some, higher, from '75 to it's final couple of years. I couldn't see enough of the dashboard to call it for sure. The dash changed between '75 & the final years too. Prolly worth $5k max, if she is origional, with straight lines and even body spacing.

They are really pretty cheap to buy, and they are nice daily drivers in good weather. If you buy it for $5K, and take reasonably good care of it, you can have a ball driving it, and get the same $5K or $6K out of it when you decide to sell; zero depreciation. A nice nut and bolt restoration, can bring over $15K. I just love tossing mine around on the back roads of rural Virginia.

I got to drive a friends Hudson Hornet H Power tonight. What a joy. I grew up with a gearhead Dad, who had several "Sunday" cars, to include one he still owns that he's the second owner of (shoebox 1950 Ford). The only one that he owned that would consider rare is a 5 window 1935 Ford coupe that he said would be our project to restore. That ended up not happening but now I really want to get an old car to sit in the garage and me treat her to the monthly coffee and cars or a Sunday drive to church.

Back