Gerber vs Leatherman

a set of plain trauma shears, a leatherman, my sebenza (or whatever carry knife I decide on that day) and some ingenuity in where they are placed... If I need an O2 wrench, I'll pull out my American Kami titanium Combat Spork (yes, it is real and I own one) if I don't have it, well, that's another use for the leatherman.... I don't need to spend another $80 on a hard to clean pair of shears that require a PhD to manipulate.

+2 on the beer idea.

eta link to American Kami.... browse around..... lots of sharp pointies as well as sporks.

Yet you spent $44 on a spoon...O_o They come for free in MREs, I could've sent you one.

Yet you spent $44 on a spoon...O_o They come for free in MREs, I could've sent you one.

I did not spend $44 on a spork... DJ sent one as a gift, laser engraved with an SF crest and my first ODA #... I knows people....

Maybe I shouldn't post pics of my Spartan-George V-14, it would just piss you off .... cut a deal on that one, it was used.... by Blade magazine, for the cover photo a couple of months ago, and yes I have supporting documentation.

I did not spend $44 on a spork... DJ sent one as a gift, laser engraved with an SF crest and my first ODA #... I knows people....

Maybe I shouldn't post pics of my Spartan-George V-14, it would just piss you off .... cut a deal on that one, it was used.... by Blade magazine, for the cover photo a couple of months ago, and yes I have supporting documentation.

Good. I just don't get the appeal of sporks.
The V-14 is nice. I'll stick with my F&S though.

Good. I just don't get the appeal of sporks.
The V-14 is nice. I'll stick with my F&S though.

the spork is great for certain stuff.... and the handle is long enough to make it useful.

You need to get out her for a visit.... I also got an ate up Gerber mkII, that I need to rejuve, that is going to be a huge project for me.

I'll second or third or whatever we're on with the Leatherman Skeletool. I certainly don't beat my stuff up like you guys do, but I like the fact that it's only what I need. Pliers, check. Knife, check. Flat and Phillips head screw driver in small and medium size, check. Anything else, nope. The nope bit is the best part in my opinion.

Fuck gerbers with a rusty fucking boat anchor attached to a NHRA alcohol car with a 1/4 mile piece of chain.

They break. All the time. Even with standard, regular use. I have a diesel. It resides in my truck's center console, and is busted as shit.

Every other gerber I have had or have been around SAVE ONE (Gerber Hinderer firefighting/rescue knife, not made out of the usual gerber steel), has had shit break. Warranty may be great, but it doesn't do you a fat lot of good when it's busted and you're working at 0030 trying to unfuck something that needs unfucking NOW.

Victorinox Swisstool.

Ergonomic design, 2 blade access outside like a normal knife, pilers that will plier the fuck out of anything you could ever want to plier, and nothing will break on it.

@xGenoSiide Victorinox is great, also have the Leatherman MUT. It was specifically designed for military/LE use. Has a crimper for caps, wire cutters and tools specific to the M4/AR weapons platforms

Back