Recently enlisted - some concerns

An update to the saga:

MEPS scheduled for tomorrow-

Renegotiation is "approved" however.. they informed me that it may not be approved. So once i go down to MEPS i have to be on the floor either way, my prior ship-date is tomorrow. Recruiter told me i will either renegotiate or i will ship tomorrow "we will see".

So that seems hopeful.. haha, i asked to drive myself and skip the hotel so i can not waste my day sitting around. They said it was against Army policy, even though 2 weeks past when i was at MEPS i overheard them discussing that it is stupid to let recruits drive themselves because they just leave when they are unhappy. So i know that is bologna on my recruiters part once again, i told him he can drive me at 4am then because i will not let a day of training go to waste and just sit around a hotel brewing stress.

This past week everything seemed on the up and up, they told me what was done to me was wrong and this is about doing what is right not just for me but for all future recruits. Said i will get a new ship date, signed some renegotiation paperwork, did my occupational physical test.

And now here we are... they try to flip the script back on me.

On the bright side today is dead lift day.

Stay tuned.:rolleyes:

An update to the saga:

MEPS scheduled for tomorrow-

Renegotiation is "approved" however.. they informed me that it may not be approved. So once i go down to MEPS i have to be on the floor either way, my prior ship-date is tomorrow. Recruiter told me i will either renegotiate or i will ship tomorrow "we will see".

So that seems hopeful.. haha, i asked to drive myself and skip the hotel so i can not waste my day sitting around. They said it was against Army policy, even though 2 weeks past when i was at MEPS i overheard them discussing that it is stupid to let recruits drive themselves because they just leave when they are unhappy. So i know that is bologna on my recruiters part once again, i told him he can drive me at 4am then because i will not let a day of training go to waste and just sit around a hotel brewing stress.

This past week everything seemed on the up and up, they told me what was done to me was wrong and this is about doing what is right not just for me but for all future recruits. Said i will get a new ship date, signed some renegotiation paperwork, did my occupational physical test.

And now here we are... they try to flip the script back on me.

On the bright side today is dead lift day.

Stay tuned.:rolleyes:

What bullshit. If that isn't a Catch 22 I don't know what is. Good luck, man.

So i know that is bologna on my recruiters part once again, i told him he can drive me at 4am then because i will not let a day of training go to waste and just sit around a hotel brewing stress.

What are you training for? Basic training?

Don't get all Universal Soldier in your head bro, you're going to boot camp - enjoy your civilian laziness and don't get in trouble. Sorry about the lazy eye shit but guess what? You just learned that administrative shit will always be a pain in the ass in the military. Also you trained yourself to say no. Not saying that's a good thing but don't let people pressure you into decisions you don't want to make - that's how a lot of you young PFC types get in trouble early on in your careers anyway.

Builds character.

I also loved some of the previous stories about US Army SOF running around looking like Bobby Boucher's father.

I will save you guys the long story of the day,

They accepted defeat and acknowledged my paperwork and complaints about prior eyesight dispute/renegotiation. However.. no slots for 11x, unfortunate but it was just the luck of the draw. I was offered any job that i saw on their screen, I am a civilian paramedic by trade and wanted to do something medical. If it was 11x>18x>18d. I really just want to get my hands on the SOCM course one day. So i took 68W/Option-4

My plan of going to SFAS is still there.. one day, down the road. But now i will change my course and work towards getting RASP > SOCM.

I have mentioned this before in my post but i will touch on it again. Thank you to everyone who has been helpful and offered solid advice/personal experience. You might not think it was a big deal, but to me it gave me confidence in what i was doing and the resilience to power through all the BS.

5/22 Is my departure, thanks again fellas.

@Border best of luck. As you have figured out Uncle Sugar is going to throw roadblocks at you. It's easy to get discouraged; just find ways around or through the roadblocks. I hope you get everything you want. Work hard, don't quit.

If they won't give you 11x then tell them you're not interested and thank them for their time.

Back