German KSK

cbiwv

Banned
I recently read that very few make it through their training. Are they as good as what their difficult selection process would lead you to believe?

I'm not sure but I do know they were in part trained by the SAS.

The only bad thing is the German government doesn't like to let much be known about them as far as operations and such which is understandable. I do know their success rate is very high. They typically accomplish whatever task they are assigned.

The German govt allows them to operate?
The Germans have been pussies since 1945.

The German govt allows them to operate?
The Germans have been pussies since 1945.

I think KSK has done time in Afghanistan. The German military is neutered by their officers and politicians. My few experiences with them have been very negative. If you were to compare post-WWII stereotypes the French are over here kicking ass while the Germans sit in Kunduz and allow the TB to become a relevant force again in a portion of the country that was beyond calm. They took the north because they knew they wouldn't see combat up there and now the US is being forced to build up troops in the region because our "allies" in the north are limp like coke dick.

I think KSK has done time in Afghanistan. The German military is neutered by their officers and politicians. My few experiences with them have been very negative. If you were to compare post-WWII stereotypes the French are over here kicking ass while the Germans sit in Kunduz and allow the TB to become a relevant force again in a portion of the country that was beyond calm. They took the north because they knew they wouldn't see combat up there and now the US is being forced to build up troops in the region because our "allies" in the north are limp like coke dick.

That's disappointing to hear.

I read an article about them a while ago..apparently they very rarely left their compound or FOB... and got withdrawn.

But.., thats not to say they are not good at what they do.. I would imagine that it was more of a political decision more than a military one not to actively engage the TB.

I read an article about them a while ago..apparently they very rarely left their compound or FOB... and got withdrawn.

But.., thats not to say they are not good at what they do.. I would imagine that it was more of a political decision more than a military one not to actively engage the TB.

Those guys deserve a chance to perform. All that training for what?

The officer corps is rotten. The soldiers could be the best infantry on the planet but we won't know as long as their leadership consists of arrogant, risk-adverse douchebags backed by the same type of brilliance in their politicians in Germany who essentially restrict their guys to the FOBs and avoid contact whenever possible. Hell, even the Polish battlegroup isn't as bad as the Germans or the Norwegians in Maimana.

I jumped with the KSK a couple of weeks ago to get my wings. They seemed pretty professional, but I haven't seen them in action.

I jumped with the KSK a couple of weeks ago to get my wings. They seemed pretty professional, but I haven't seen them in action.

I don't doubt the fighting men are GTG, it seems their leadership is the problem.

I've got some buddies in the unit. Good guys. They're just like any other operator you'd meet world wide. They have the same motivations and frustrations we do... I think that's a safe enough way to put it.

Back