GPS on weapon stock?

phridum

Chicks Dig The Long Shot
Verified Sniper
I've seen a couple cool guy images with the Foretrex strapped to the stock and just recently saw a few other aftermarket buttstocks with slots for them and I just found myself curious at the actual utility of this method of carry. I can see doing it myself because I hate wearing even watches, but most other people don't have this quirk. I've always just kept the GPS on my rig.

Is it really all that functional or just supposed to be cool?

I think this is yet another example of, "this shit makes me look cool."

My GPS is dummycorded inside my E&E pouch on my chest. I dont see the utility of having it on the buttstock. Besides, I carry an extra CAT on the right side of my buttstock.

**Dude in that pic is a fag...flexing while modeling a GPS pouch. **

FWIW - I'd think you'd want a compass, a potentially life saving thing on your body. Not on something that can potentially become lost or taken from you.

Like this?

2cxceas.jpg

I think this is yet another example of, "this shit makes me look cool."

My GPS is dummycorded inside my E&E pouch on my chest. I dont see the utility of having it on the buttstock. Besides, I carry an extra CAT on the right side of my buttstock.

**Dude in that pic is a fag...flexing while modeling a GPS pouch. **

He forgot to have a stethoscope draped around his neck for the "ultra" bling.

RF 1

Is that a compass mounted on the buttstock?!? Seems like there'd be WAY too much metal in the rifle for a compass to function correctly.

My compass is in an ID/admin pouch on the front of my vest. My GPS is in a small pouch on the left side of my vest. I can't imagine any practical reason to mount either on a weapon.

Although I'm sure one of our wannabes will be along soon to correct me...

GPS on the stock... It's a place for it. Wrist works or on your kit. Depends on how often you need to be able to look at it, depending on what you're doing.

I like the optics on the shorty barrel.

Waste of time, the BDC in that TAxx wont give him the right references for that barrel HK wonder gun or not. CQBRs are for CQB, not walking around with a T2 and 4x that should be on the 14.5" they were set for looking cool in the fucking day time. Cunt needs to use the supplied sleeve to mate them together as well.

As for the GPS, I've carried it on both but the only time I carried it on the stock was during non tactical navex's where I cared more about winning then lighting myself up and earning a 2nd arsehole in my forehead.

Those are two of the silliest pictures I have ever seen! I would put money on the guy in the second photo being a support guy, probably supply! A GPS or a compass on your buttstock? I see the functional application of this... GAY!

Those are two of the silliest pictures I have ever seen! I would put money on the guy in the second photo being a support guy, probably supply! A GPS or a compass on your buttstock? I see the functional application of this... GAY!

Definitely supply since he has all the gear! I've seen a S4 fobbit outfitted like that say "Nope, I cannot give you x cuz we're out of them."

I've known dudes (meat eaters) that put their garmin on their buttstock. I'm not a fan of putting random shit on my weapon that doesn't add to it's lethality when I make it go boom...

Lindy, you deal with fobbits that won't issue out your gear too? (When you're the guy that needs it.) What is the world coming to?

or GROM (see IR Flag on chest).

Back