Gurkha ordered back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

Why the fuck did they issue him a Kukri in the first place if they're gonna try hang him out to dry for using it while following orders?

Cunts.

GOOD POINT

Also, Excellent use of the C word. Couldnt of said it better.

It's nigh on impossible IMO to seperate a Gurkha and his kukri. I'm told that if it is unsheathed it has to draw blood, to the extent that a small cut on the finger is done.

Kukri Beats Paper

http://www.nationalreview.com/david-pryce-jones/231205/kukri-beats-paper

by David Pryce-Jones.

The Gurkhas are soldiers from Nepal who volunteer for the British army. Presently they are serving in Afghanistan. They are the bravest of the brave, and over the years have done wonderful service. The roll-call of Gurkhas who have won the Victoria Cross, the highest award for bravery, is awe-inspiring. A traditional weapon of theirs is the kukri, a curved short sword. It is said that the sound of Gurkhas sharpening their kukris was enough to frighten the Japanese in the Second World War.

It so happened recently that some Gurkhas were discriminated against by foolish paper-shufflers in Whitehall, and told they were not eligible to live in England. Uproar followed. There was a mass campaign. The Gurkhas were then treated properly, and Gordon Brown was forced to apologize for the unfairness. It was a big step in the disintegration of his government.

Gurkha battalions have British officers, and they are among the best in the army, too. One of them was Major James Bowman. A renegade Afghan policeman entered the Gurkha barracks and shot Major Bowman dead in his sleep. Now we learn that, at the same time, the Gurkhas were in action in Helmand, in pursuit of a top Taliban commander. Under heavy fire, they killed him. Orders were to establish the commander’s identity. It was too dangerous to drag him out while still engaged with the Taliban, so a Gurkha cut his head off with his kukri. Quick thinking, you may say.

This man ought to be promoted. Instead, he has been recalled to Britain and may face court-martial and jail. The foolish paper-shufflers are at it again. The story goes that by cutting off the commander’s head, the Gurkha has offended Muslims, on the grounds that their custom is to bury bodies whole. What nonsense this is, what an example of the self-abasement now habitual whenever we come up against Islam in any shape or form. And the renegade Afghan policeman who shot Major Bowman in his sleep wasn’t giving offense? If this Gurkha is indeed prosecuted, another mass campaign will start, and it may be a step in the disintegration of the Cameron government.

The story goes that by cutting off the commander’s head, the Gurkha has offended Muslims, on the grounds that their custom is to bury bodies whole.

Meanwhile, they train their young to do exactly that, and now they've met someone else who does the same........I'd like Reuters or some other media outlet to conduct an interview with a radical muslim extremist and get their thoughts on what they think of the double standard in effect here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-pound for pound, they're some of the toughest and most courageous sons a bitches to ever fight on a field of battle, ever. :2c:

Amen.

We need to go Gurkha on their asses.

Meanwhile, they train their young to do exactly that, and now they've met someone else who does the same........I'd like Reuters or some other media outlet to conduct an interview with a radical muslim extremist and get their thoughts on what they think of the double standard in effect here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-pound for pound, they're some of the toughest and most courageous sons a bitches to ever fight on a field of battle, ever. :2c:

I think the whole drawing blood thing turned out to be an urban legend...since they're using the things all the time in the bush, at home around the house etc. Could be wrong though.

Yes, Spitty, it had occurred to to me too. Regarding offending Islam, what a sucker punch that is. It's in line with OBL wanting the US to stop during Ramadan as it is offensive to Islam. Cutting of someones head offends me not as a Christian but as a human.

I gotta side with the Gurkha here. He was ordered to PID the guy - humping the body back wasn't expedient, so the head will have to do. Good on him. As far as honoring Islam, maybe the people bitching should watch that video FNULNU posted and see how THOSE Muslims treat their fellow followers of Mohammed.

My bet is he'll get off.

I hope you're right. Unless it's a blatant case of gross misconduct, troopers shouldn't be hammered for wartime actions. Ask that Marine from the mosque in Fallujah. Or the other Marines in Haditha. Etc., etc., etc.

Uh, sir? Like Rock42 says, you also need something to match it to - and if they ain't already got the dude's DNA somewhere, blood sample don't mean nuthin.

A man's head. Well, now, THAT is some incontrovertible truth.

LL

This is not true for quite a few of the HVT's. After a bomb run, my brother's team had to (many many times) go in and get DNA samples of suspected High Value Targets. That way they could compare what they knew to be true to the DNA of the smoked hadji.

It was like a full CSI gig. Tags, photos, GPS, Dna, gathered equip, etc.

That one didnt even cost 2 cents... jus a penny

I agree with QC. It seems that every one of these cases of "abuse" have been overturned. Because Warriors are the folks who sit on the jury.

But let's all keep our heads about us until we find out.........had to say it.

kukri-extremaratio-knives.jpg

I think I need these...:)

This is considered a gross insult to the Muslims of Afghanistan, who bury the entire body of their dead even if parts have to be retrieved.
No such honor or sensitivities are extended by them to the dhimmitude. And since it's their faith which suggests beheading folks who aren't in total agreement; it seems just a little more than incongruous to worry about insulting the feelings of the combatants we're killing.

Quite the opposite; I'd prefer to see thousands of gallons of pork fluids and byproducts shipped to the front so as to make the enemies' faithful volunteers think twice about putting everything they have on the line. (Pork rinds - light, easy to carry and so very tasty when hungry ;)). This wouldn't be the first time in history an enemies taboo or element of culture has been used against them in warfare. More importantly, such a psyops would assuredly result in a huge reduction of direct hostilities and loss of life by OUR faithful. Obviously such an action would surely piss off a lot of Muslims, but lets be honest; they're already pissed and the notion that they will ever be our true friend is a fairy tale.

When the wholesale murder of people riding public buses in Israel became the 'slaughter d'jour' of the enemy, the Israelis started affixing small glass vials of pigs blood to the interior walls of the buses. Since doing this, the instances of their buses being bombed has dropped to nearly zero.

I fully expect there will a number of forum members who will rail against what they deem to be my barbaric suggestions here. I would only respond that; "Wars are never won with partial efforts" and I would gladly insult the entire world for the life of just one of our faithful brothers or sisters standing on the line.

If it is so wrong then this wouldn't have happened...

Afghan insurgents behead 6 policemen
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 | 9:48 AM ET
The Associated Press

Insurgents beheaded six policemen after attacking their checkpoint in northern Afghanistan, NATO said Wednesday.

The military coalition said the militants attacked a number of government buildings Tuesday in Baghlan province's Dahanah-ye Ghori district. The attackers overran the checkpoint and decapitated the six policemen, NATO said.

Also Wednesday, a NATO service member was killed by an explosion in the south, according to NATO. The nationality of the victim was not released. The death brought the number of NATO service members killed this month to 65.

Meanwhile, British Prime Minister David Cameron was focusing on Afghanistan on Wednesday, the second day of a visit to the U.S.

Cameron planned to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery before heading to the Pentagon for briefings on military operations in Afghanistan.

Britain has the most troops serving in Afghanistan of any NATO nation after the United States. But Cameron has said he wants his country's 10,000 troops out by the time of Britain's next election, which must be held by 2015.

Folks, sorry for the hi-jack about TTP and all that. Let's get back to the point - the Gurkha.

Back