H&K USP?

JollyGreen

SOF Support
Open Question...

I am currently doing research on the next handgun I want to add to my collection. As of today, I am favoring what I have read up on the H&K USP in either .45 ACP or .40 S&W (considering both Tactical and Compact variants)
I will not be making a purchase until I get the opportunity for a test fire later in the year, but I would like to know if anyone on the BB has anything good or bad to say about the USP family.

Thanks!:)

My HK USP Var1 LE has fired over 15000 rounds, without fail. I would and do depend my life upon this firearm.

Here she is with her cousin Vinny:
IMG001.jpg

The 9 Milly is our service Pistol and I've nothing bad to say about it.. Nice balance and very accurate to fire.

I have and or had...

USP45 TACTICAL
USP45
USP45c
USP9

...and I love 'em all. Very accurate guns, not the greatest triggers but easily managable. One of the biggest complaints I hear about USPs is the grip size...don't really get that since I have tiny hands and I can shoot the hell out of mine, but different strokes for different folks.

I would honestly recommend you either pick up a USP9 or the USP9c, reasons being...

1. Ammo cost .40 & .45 are a good bit more expensive than 9mm
2. Most PDs shoot .40, so availability for that caliber can be an issue
3. 9mm because it's cheap(er) to shoot and you can get more range time out of it.
4. If you opt for the USP9c, it's easily concealed for a CCW.

My $0.02

***Nice mags The91Bravo...white ones aren't cheap!***

I have and or had...

USP45 TACTICAL
USP45
USP45c
USP9

...and I love 'em all. Very accurate guns, not the greatest triggers but easily managable. One of the biggest complaints I hear about USPs is the grip size...don't really get that since I have tiny hands and I can shoot the hell out of mine, but different strokes for different folks.

I would honestly recommend you either pick up a USP9 or the USP9c, reasons being...

1. Ammo cost .40 & .45 are a good bit more expensive than 9mm
2. Most PDs shoot .40, so availability for that caliber can be an issue
3. 9mm because it's cheap(er) to shoot and you can get more range time out of it.
4. If you opt for the USP9c, it's easily concealed for a CCW.

My $0.02

***Nice mags The91Bravo...white ones aren't cheap!***

What don't you like about the trigger? the pressure on the DA?

Thank you all for the info.
All right on the money from what I have read so far.
I am considering it for a CCW. Again, depending on how shooting goes when I get back to the states. One of the many banes of being in the UK.

From what I understand the USPs run fairly large in the grip. Not a bad thing, since I have larger hands.

Hand size too? I like Glock's because I have man size hands do the HK's run small

You have Shovel's for hands!! lol We use the Full size 9milly.. But I think its a grand size.

The grip is large and needs a little getting used to..but after a few days on the range it becomes second nature.

What don't you like about the trigger? the pressure on the DA?
IMO reset is a little long. My USP45 TACTICAL model has HK's idea of a match trigger in it, and it is not exactly impressive by any means for a match trigger. Generally speaking though...they are incredible pistols.
Hand size too? I like Glock's because I have man size hands do the HK's run small
Folks complain that the USP series has a large grip...boohoo, I have small hands it runs like a champ for me. :cool:

I have a HK USP chambered in .40 and I absolutely love it; it is extremely accurate and reliable. When I was looking at purchasing a new handgun I pondered getting the compact since I was looking for a carry weapon; however, I went with the USP because the difference in size, in my opinion, was minimal. I hadn’t test fired one before purchasing mine, I just held one in the gun store and it fit perfectly and I have large hands. I also have a few friends who purchased USPs before I did and they had nothing but great things to say about their handguns. I couldn’t be happier with my purchase and I would recommend this handgun to anyone interested in a great weapon.

I have the same USP .40 that the 91Bravo has. I also purchased the "Jet funnel Kit" with the white marked 16 rounds mags. For that do not know the "Jet funnel Kit" is that enlarged flared magwell that he has on the bottom to fit the white high cap mags.

For me it gives a whole new grip to the feel of the weapon. Their expensive too boot though.

I owned a USP 9mm for about 6 months, put probably 5,000-6,000 rounds through it (failures anything over 500 rounds with out cleaning). My personal feelings is that USP is junk, I sold my and I will never own another. The trigger is crap, the size is too big and any accessories you put on it (such as seen on DK’s tactical) are way too fucking big to be practical.

Trigger travel path in double action mode is too long and the trigger feels unstable to me. Meaning it feel like a toy gun trigger, creep and play is never the same. The reset is way too fucking long for a double/ single action pistol. Combined with the retarded size grip (receiver size) it just takes too much effort to become good with it.

My opinion is that you are going to utilize it for any form of combat (CHL, LEO & Mil) you will get better results from a Glock and normally for half the price.

I have the same USP .40 that the 91Bravo has. I also purchased the "Jet funnel Kit" with the white marked 16 rounds mags. For that do not know the "Jet funnel Kit" is that enlarged flared magwell that he has on the bottom to fit the white high cap mags.

For me it gives a whole new grip to the feel of the weapon. Their expensive too boot though.

8Deuce,
Mine came with it ... Na na na na na}:-):eek::doh:

Buy American! Nuff said:p:D

You know what they say about opinions, well it's just my opinion. I am sure many feel the same way about others...;)

I'm with ya Brother !!!!!

But, it's hard to argue with the reliabilty and accuracy of an H&K USP series pistol.

Personally, I'm done with "tubberware" pistols but if I had to go out tonight and kill zombies then I'd carry one of my H&K's to the kill. }:-)

Back