Hand Held Green Lasers and Laser Pointers

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
http://www.dragonlasers.com/

Great light source and for lighting matches or fire starter.

Viper Series - Green laser Pointer

A compact synthesis of power, technology and coolness to give you the worlds' most powerful green laser pointer. The ultimate high tech accessory and tool.

Store Price: US$99.99 to US$399.99

Hulk Series - Hand Held Green Laser

This sturdy and robust laser is designed with utmost functionality in mind. Utilizing revolutionary heat sink and cooling technology, this laser is perfect for long term continuous use, A world class high power high quality portable laser.

Store Price: US$299.99 to US$899.99

http://www.greenlaserbeam.com/
Green Laser Pointer - Extremely Powerful Green Beam Laser Pointers

Green laser pointers are significantly brighter (about 60 times) than a red laser pointer and because of its unusual color it is much more noticeable. Just about everyone has a red laser pointer, but we're pretty sure you want to own the very best - and doing it with a green beam laser is the way to go.

A 532 nm green laser wavelength is obviously superior to a laughable 650 nm red laser wavelength. And unlike a red laser, the green beam itself can be seen in mid-air in dark conditions, not just the laser beam dot. This allows the green laser pointer to be used for pointing to star constellations (skypointing) and also just generally look cool as hell. The green laser beam dot can be seen at much greater distances than with a red laser pointer.

Since green direct injection laser diodes aren't readily available, this pointer is based on the use of Diode Pumped Solid State Frequency Doubled (DPSSFD) laser technology. A high power IR laser diode at 808 nm pumps a tiny block of Nd:YVO4 generating light at 1,064 nm which feeds a KTP intracavity frequency doubler crystal to produce the green beam at 532 nm.

:uhh:????

Yes if you get a higher power green laser it has the capability of burning things. Some even from great distances. The following two are probably the lowest power capable of doing it.

http://dragonlasers.com/hulk
Hulk Series - Hand Held Green Lasers

This sturdy and robust laser is designed with utmost functionality in mind and utilizes revolutionary heat sink and cooling technology. Even at powers as high as 300mW, there is no mode shifting or significant change in beam power or quality. This ideal balance between extreme power and beam stability makes the Hulk a world class high power high quality portable laser.

* No duty cycle - can be used indefinitely
* On/off switch for hands free use
* Protective infrared filter
* A protective on/off lens shutter
* Outstanding burning ability
* Incorporates improved state of the art diode technology
* Astronomers' favorite laser for mounting on telescopes

Or even this one.

http://dragonlasers.com/inc/sdetail/168
Viper Series 125mW
Price:
$399.99
Details:
Viper Series Green Laser Pointer

Average Output Power >125mW

Testimonials
Joseph Canada Viper 125mW 2006

I bought a 125mw laser and i allready had 2 125mw lasers from the other companies.I had trouble with both from these companies.The one from DRAGONLASERS was unbelievable..The power was for sure more..and the shipping was very fast..excellent burning and lighting of matches ect...Great product,and highly recommended.

Yah apparently stuff like this is being used by coalition forces in the sandbox, SAR types, etc. ??? I dunno, personally never seen anything like it. I'll have to ask some of my :confused: buddies and perhaps they use it.

Any of you guys out there use anything like this out there?

visible lasers can be used to warn people off... something about a laser pointing on your chest and bouncing around your eyes while you follow a convoy too close tends to make smarter ones back the fuck off...

We were using 5mW green lasers for EOF in Iraq. I ended up picking up a 100mW (although I don't believe it is a true 100mW) for fairly cheap. It will get the wick of a candle to smoke, but I haven't been able to get it to actually light. For an extra $20 (I found out later), I could have picked up a 150mW green laser.

They have violet and blue lasers also.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/

I picked up the green laser from somewhere else. I use it for whenever I am out and about in case I need to try and signal someone in an emergency.

Yeah we used them for EOF in Iraq and we're using them again here in Afghanistan. Once the laser hits the windshield in a way that will illuminate the entire interior with green light and the driver can't see anything...if he keeps coming you pretty much have your hostile intent and can engage. Great tool. I've also used smaller ones to teach some of my Marines how to navigate at night using the stars.

Not handheld, but still related to the thread... the state of the art is incredible:

Just to add on to this topic, last time I was in Iraq(05-06) we had 3-4 of these green lasers, and about all we used them for was keeping people back in convoys and the such. Never heard anything about burning things, but I guess you really do learn something new every day! Damn I never realized just how expensive those things are tho...

I'd just go around burning peoples cornea's out if I had one powerful enough. }:-)

Look, it's a green light not a knife Mate !!!

You may want to look at green lasers in the 300 range instead. Anything higher than that allows you to view the beam during the day.

Back