Hello, I'm new to Shadowspear.

EagleOne

Unverified
My son just graduated from Airborne school at Ft. Benning and is currently in RASP there. This has been his dream since the age of 5 yrs. old. I'm very excited for my son and his career choice and I'm looking forward to learning more about his future as time goes on, but at this point I really don't have much information. I heard about this site from another soldiers family member and I thank you for including me. Neither my husband or I have any military background, though my grandfather was in the Navy in WWII.

Thank you for the greetings. I'm having a little trouble with my password and getting used to how this site works, but I'm glad to be here. Yes, my son's wanted to be an "Army Man" for as long as I can remember. He's also been wearing camo for just about as long. A local store, Ralph's Army Surplus, carries childrens sizes and that's what he's always liked to wear. He turned 19 in December while at Basic/OSUT, went directly to Airborne and now he's in RASP. He couldn't be happier. He's in that "no contact" stage, so my imagination is a little on overdrive right now. I know that I have to learn to get over that pretty quick. I've been on a facebook page with other 'moms & wives' of soldiers, but that's turned out to be a lot of emotional and irrational behavior that I really don't need. Thanks for having me.

Back