Hello

Rock Lobsta

Unverified
Hi guys,

I a student in Western Canada right now studying Engineering.

After I get my degree I wish to serve in the military, and if I stay long enough attempt to join some time of SOF community ;)

In my long term goals is to use my planned Engineering Degree to join CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence) in its intelligence or science department. I would also like to find work in a technology or defense research/development company.

I enjoy reading articles on the GWOT and SOF which is what brought me here. I also enjoy military fiction but I like to think I know the difference between Chuck Norris and a SEAL operator.

After lurking ShadowSpear and reading the articles, I decided to join the forum to learn and I hope to learn alot here while not offending anyone or being too nosy about certain things.

Welcome.

I suggest you narrow down your chosen path and stick with it. After a career in the military it is entirely possible to move on to the private sector or CSIS (there are other places as well) but that's a a long way off. If you want to do that, then I suggest you look into that now and not the military. Short term goals, lots of things happen between now and target. ;)

What school are you at and what type of engineering degree?

What school are you at and what type of engineering degree?

I am going into Electrical and Electronics Engineering at BCIT. I may finish my degree at a University as it may be wiser for future in the military or my career.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! *just realized all my grammar mistakes in my intro post, sorry if I sounded like an idiot

Congratulations, and thanks for getting back with us. We really like seeing this kind of career updates. Best of luck!!

Back