Apex14

Unverified
Hey all,

I'm a software Engineer, just past his 28th birthday. Managed to get my degree back in 2014 and have been working in the industry since then. I'm here because I have found my life lacks meaning and urgency. I feel as if I show up for work and go through the motions working through something that doesn't matter. But I have always been one to be sharpened by stress and crisis, to think of new ways of doing things, and to think on his feet. I have always been fascinated with all thing military from the technology to tactics and history to leadership of men in combat. Then when my Grandpa passed away last year, I began looking into his military history. He served his whole career as a naval aviator and the more I learned, the more I realized this might have been what I was looking for all along.

I am looking into joining the Army National Guard in WA and trying out for our special operations group. I'm working on training for the physical aspects of selection and learning as much as I can about combat leadership. I'm looking forward to getting involved in this community and would greatly appreciate any advise or mentorship the members here have to give me.

Thanks!

Back