Help Nick Leotti

I meant to post this a few weeks ago. I received the nicest thank you card from the Leotti family for the cards we sent. Think I need to get the nieces and nephews gathered for a round 2 mailing. :)

I suggest following the link on page 2 posted by his brother, TheDom, in order to read what is going on with Nick and his recovery.

Continued prayers to all of you.

I got an update today, thought I would share.

Nick Leotti currently has an infection and is heavily sedated. He has been confined to an 8’x10’ ICU room within the Tampa General Hospital Burn Center for roughly 6 months and is in need of a big morale boost. That said, anyone who knew Nick prior to the accident and spent time with him abroad in Iraq, Thailand or elsewhere are asked to send accounts of any stories, pictures, etc…. If you didn’t know Nick prior you can contribute by sending any appropriate items that you think would help to boost his morale and occupy his time during his hospitalization such as notes cards etc... The website below provides updates and information on Nick’s status. Please take the time to read up on Nick’s history and current condition if you haven’t already. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Nick’s father Ed on a couple of occasions to date and I can tell you that he has been by Nick’s side almost daily from the point Nick arrived CONUS despite living and working a considerable distance from Tampa General Hospital. Ed has been a truly an amazing father and person through the course of this tragic event.. I would ask that everyone contribute what they can and keep Nick, Ed, and the Leotti family in their thoughts and prayers.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nickleotti

Sincerely,

Anthony Valusek

WPPS LPMO

U.S. Training Center, Inc.

:( I've been subscribing to his site and have been getting regular updates from his Dad, sorry to hear he's taken such a turn. My Christmas card got returned...you'd think the hospital would have given it to his Dad.

I've been reading the updates Mr. Leotti has posted ever since his brother provided the Caring Bridge link. I am so incredibly sad to hear of the Leotti family loss. :( Rest in Peace, Nick...you shall never be forgotten.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nickleotti

It is with deep regret and with a sadness I have never known that I have to inform everyone that Nick passed away last night shortly before 8pm. He went peacefully with me and his two brothers by his side. We all had a hand on him as he took his last Earthly breath. Though Nick was not conscious I told him and his brothers earlier that" I was there when he was born and that I am here beside him at his death and it was an honor both times. " It is not possible to describe the amount of pride I have for how Nick lived his life and how courageous he has been these last torturous seven months.

After Nick's final breath I kissed his forehead and told him that I loved him and he gasped one last time as if to say "Love you too Dad" like he always did when I said goodbye.

It is our intention to place Nick in Arlington National Cemetery and we are working on the details now. I will post the funeral date as soon I know. It would do my heart good to have a full crowd to honor the honorable. I am so thankful for the support and prayers you all have offered on Nick behalf. For those that personally knew Nick please know that time will wear away the layers of sorrow that we now feel and what will remain will be a polished memory of Nick and all the positive experiences we shared.

God Bless

Ed L

Sad to hear the heart breaking news.....

Lo, there do I see my father.

Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.

Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
Back to the beginning!

Lo, they do call to me.

They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Valhalla!

Where the brave may live

Forever!

>:{

RIP.

Thanks for your hard work and determination.

Truly inspiring, my prayers to you and your family.

Back