Hey all!

BlackRambo

Unverified
Hey all, I've been on this site for quite a while but just never registered because I thought enlisting would be a long way off. As of now I'm a sophomore in college training everyday to become a green beret. I plan to enlist in the army upon my graduating college. This is a very helpful and well run site and I hope to learn all I can from here.

Welcome to SS. Good luck with your academic effort of becoming a funny shaped green french hat. What a unique degree plan, at least this should qualify you to apply to the Girls Scouts since you'll already be their hat. Since you seem to have a headgear fixation, you might consider speaking with a recruiter about enlisting with an 18x contract and earning the privilege of wearing a Green Beret. This item will enhance your academic green beret status, I'm sure. Should I mention attention to detail, now or later .......mmmm

Welcome to SS. Good luck with your academic effort of becoming a funny shaped green french hat. What a unique degree plan, at least this should qualify you to apply to the Girls Scouts since you'll already be their hat. Since you seem to have a headgear fixation, you might consider speaking with a recruiter about enlisting with an 18x contract and earning the privilege of wearing a Green Beret. This item will enhance your academic green beret status, I'm sure. Should I mention attention to detail, now or later .......mmmm

Chief, I too thought that Special Forces Soldiers wore a Green Beret. Was I mistaken, is this young man more knowledgeable than either of us? What would the Dark Scuba Cowboy, Mike L, say in this case?

BR... yes, I am being a bit snarky, as is Chief... we kinda served together in Special Forces and neither of us has turned into the green wool hat we wore... Here is a good assignment for you - study the history of Special Forces... trace it back through the OSS, BlackDevils, Merrill's Marauders, Roger's Rangers and all of the other precursors and permutations (the greek letter projects, etc.)... then explain why claiming to be a hat is frowned upon.

Agh! my goal is to be a SPECIAL FORCES OPERATOR. Not a "green beret" :rolleyes: I know you all hardly where those anyway. I will be going through surgery later this month to remove some cartilage from the corner of my knee. I suffered an overuse injury trying to ruck 10 miles with 45 pounds on my back. I used my army friends ruck and boots, that might have had something to do with it!

Agh! my goal is to be a Special Forces OPERATOR. Not a "green beret" :rolleyes: I know you all hardly where those anyway. I will be going through surgery later this month to remove some cartilage from the corner of my knee. I suffered an overuse injury trying to ruck 10 miles with 45 pounds on my back. I used my army friends ruck and boots, that might have had something to do with it!

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

You know, I've been a member here for a long time and have seen a few TARDs , but I've never seen anyone insult some of the most Senior Enlisted Members of this site who are US SPECIAL FORCES .... Nice situation awareness there bro...

I'm not even going to infract you for being a complete wanker.. Instead I'll let the Men of US Special Forces, Warchief Cyberchp x SF med whom you inspire to be, have their say... Enjoy your Career.

Welcome to SS. Interesting intro already. Good luck.

PM me with operator questions....I can operate some mean switchboards.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

You know, I've been a member here for a long time and have seen a few TARDs , but I've never seen anyone insult some of the most Senior Enlisted Members of this site who are US Special Forces .... Nice situation awareness there bro...

I'm not even going to infract you for being a complete wanker.. Instead I'll let the Men of US Special Forces, Warchief Cyberchp x SF med whom you inspire to be, have their say... Enjoy your Career.

I'm not a wanker, I'm black.
All kidding aside though, I injured my knee on a 10 mile ruck march, thats horrible. How can I improve my rucking?. Im looking to order a good ruck atm

I'm not a wanker, I'm black.
All kidding aside though, I injured my knee on a 10 mile ruck march, thats horrible. How can I improve my rucking?. Im looking to order a good ruck atm

From one black dude to another, why was that joke necessary? And also why is your username BlackRambo? Is that what your goal is as a Special Forces soldier? To be the Black Rambo? I understand that it was probably an attempt at humor but it can draw some unwarranted response when people view and inevitably judge the online "you". Perhaps I'm out of my lane here which I will surely here about it if I am but your choice of username left me scratching my head and I'd imagine I'm probably not the only one.

From one black dude to another, why was that joke necessary? And also why is your username BlackRambo? Is that what your goal is as a Special Forces soldier? To be the Black Rambo? I understand that it was probably an attempt at humor but it can draw some unwarranted response when people view and inevitably judge the online "you". Perhaps I'm out of my lane here which I will surely here about it if I am but your choice of username left me scratching my head and I'd imagine I'm probably not the only one.

I was not aware that my username would bring such attention. As far as my goals in SF, I view Rambo as a fictional character. I understand that the First Blood movies are fiction and shouldn't be taken as literal accounts of what SF does. The First Blood movies, particularly number 2, have a special meaning to me and my growing up. My highschool lacrosse coach, and math teacher, was pilot in Vietnam. He knew me well and he knew of my military aspirations, he recommended I study military history and to my surprise, watch military movies based on Nam, like Rambo. He later started to call me black rambo...

That is the short story behind my username. Im not a diva or a "Rambo esq " type of person. That has been a nickname of mine for years because people who know me feel like im "black rambo". "Morpheus" and the "Cosby Kid" were also nick names of mine but for a different reason.

Until I enlist, I'll be improving my pt and try not to piss too many people off.:sneaky:

Back