History question - Ranger company organization

I'll let the younger Rangers answer this as I am one of the old LRRPs from Nam. One of the things that have made me laugh is this: When I was in you were a Ranger when you got your tab because it was considered an advanced leadership school for Infantry NCOs. In Nam individuals that were with LRRP teams were not considered Rangers unless they had the tab. Now you are not considered a Ranger, though you have been tabbed, unless you are with a Ranger Company.

The link you posted is legit as a light infantry company TO&E under the J series...I believe the light infantry organization was how the Rangers were initially formed. I honestly never paid much attention to light infantry or Ranger organization after I went to SWC in 1990...

I am one of the old LRRPs from Nam

Just to let You know, You guys are considered heros in our Recon units - I once did a show and tell about the history of LRRP Rangers, guys are honestly impressed how much You guys did with so little back then.

One of the things that have made me laugh is this: When I was in you were a Ranger when you got your tab because it was considered an advanced leadership school for Infantry NCOs. In Nam individuals that were with LRRP teams were not considered Rangers unless they had the tab. Now you are not considered a Ranger, though you have been tabbed, unless you are with a Ranger Company.

Funny how history changes right?

Back