HK-416 Operational Diagram

A

arizonaguide

I was researching a bit more on Piston Driven uppers, and ran across this excellent animated diagram. Here is a still shot of the diagram, and just hit the link below for the animated diagram:
pistonHK416.jpg

CLICK LINK FOR ANIMATED DIAGRAM HERE:
http://www.armytimes.com/projects/flash/2007_02_20_carbine/

I'm a big fan of the 416... The guys that are using them seem to love them to.

They're solid weapons. I still have to point out that we keep "polishing" the 5.56 round, though...

In 7.62, like the other HK, or the POF 308 and you've got a truly fine weapon.

**The piston guns DO get smokin hot up front, though. I highly recommend a composite foregrip.

They're solid weapons. I still have to point out that we keep "polishing" the 5.56 round, though...

In 7.62, like the other HK, or the POF 308 and you've got a truly fine weapon.

**The piston guns DO get smokin hot up front, though. I highly recommend a composite foregrip.

Agreed 100% on all points. The forend on the 416 gets ridiculously hot - I usually hold it around the receiver, but then again, I have nomex or other gloves on. Otherwise I'd use a grip or the rail cover.

As for the 417, man what a weapon... I just wish the US would ditch the NATO standard, develop a round with similar ballistics/performance to the 7.62x51mm, but with a smaller case to increase capacity (25-round mags vs. 20-round for example). Those guns have a real linear recoil impulse (unlike the M14) so follow-up shots are quick. No questions on whether you have enough punch to put haji down.

Back