Hostage Captain Rescued, SEALS take down pirates

I think Team Six should go look up the attorney and say "Hi!" for all of us!!! F'ing idiot!!!

I honestly don't fucking see where you guys get off on knocking a dude who had a CIVILIAN SHIP he was working on BOARDED BY FUCKING PIRATES.

I'd fucking sue too, especially since he states that they had spoken about and come up with measures that could be employed to mitigate the issues of piracy on the ship... and instead, the only fucking way they could do shit about was to hide in the dark in the bowels of the ship.

He didn't sign up to fucking fight pirates, he signed up to flip fucking burgers.

I honestly don't fucking see where you guys get off on knocking a dude who had a CIVILIAN SHIP he was working on BOARDED BY FUCKING PIRATES.

I'd fucking sue too, especially since he states that they had spoken about and come up with measures that could be employed to mitigate the issues of piracy on the ship... and instead, the only fucking way they could do shit about was to hide in the dark in the bowels of the ship.

He didn't sign up to fucking fight pirates, he signed up to flip fucking burgers.

Personally, I don't knock the individual for being upset, but suing MAERSK over this is just another grab at quick wealth, and I hate lawyers, who use the system like they do.

Maersk didn't hijack the boat, Somali pirates did. This is like a clerk in convenience store suing the manager because they were held up, IMO.

Maersk ignored the consult of the crews and failed to provide adequate measures to prevent boarding.

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

these dudes had to ride the pain train due to their company, who owns and ultimately decides what they can and cannot do on the ship, dropping the ball.

They need to feel some pain more than just a delayed shipment

Companies don't give a flying fuck about people anymore unless you kick them in the man-wallet.

Maersk ignored the consult of the crews and failed to provide adequate measures to prevent boarding....

You have a valid point.

There are no doubt some very good reasons for lawsuits like this and maybe in the end things will change.

I just look at it from the standpoint of a clerk in a shop- and the precedent this could set.

PirateHat.jpg

The pirates will be shaking in their boots when they get a load of this!

1_62_freedom_uss3_320.jpg

The United States Navy unveiled a new high-tech ship it says can chase down pirates off the coast of Somalia faster and more aggressively than previous vessels could.

The USS Freedom can go up against massive enemy fleets and is one of the fastest ships in the Navy to date, its commander said in a FOX News "America's Newsroom" exclusive.

"It's more than an evolutionary step forward, it's a revolutionary step forward," Cmdr. Michael Doran told FOX News on Tuesday. "It's highly automated and it's very fast. ... For a piracy mission, we can go out there and cover more water with fewer ships."

The USS Freedom has a modular design and requires fewer crew members, he said — about 40 total. It can go up to 45 mph.

"What we can do is we can go out there and cover more water with fewer ships because of the sprint speed of the ship," Doran told FOX News. "We can tailor the ship to perform that counter-piracy mission."

Some are calling it the Navy's corvette.

"It is kind of like driving a sports car around," Doran said. "All of my friends have told me, 'drive it like you stole it, drive it like you stole it.'"
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518974,00.html

What, the prescident that a company is held accountable for what it does or fails to do?

OMG!

No. That an employee who is held at gunpoint by a criminal could sue the employer because they didn't tie the place down like Fort Knox.

Before lawyers made everything cause for a multi-million dollar settlement, people just knew that coffee was hot, and if they got burned, they just admitted they were an idiot. Today, with the help of lawyers, they sue private companies and make millions in ridiculous lawsuits in my opinion.

Back then, people just knew not to step on puddles of spilled Pepsi in their local Kwiki Mart, or they might slip and fall. Today, with the help of lawyers, deadbeats file thousands of lawsuits annually, as they "accidentally" slip on wet floors in Kwiki Marts and restaurants across America.

Back then, if you got held up at gun point, it was just a shitty situation, and you were glad if you got out of it alive. The bad guys were arrested, and everyone drove on, as one community.

Rabid attorneys cost this nation billions annually, and keep our court systems congested; the end result can be observed by any citizen who ever has to go to a courthouse. I just came back from the courthouse the other day to pay a $10 fine for a burned out turn signal. It took me almost 2 hours, and cost me far more in productivity than the lousy $10. And of course, every day I hear attorneys advertising their services, and how much money they can get me if someone around me was negligent. The system wasn't made for that, in my opinion, but it has been infiltrated by bloodsuckers and ambulance chasers.

Of course, this pirate ship stuff isn't exactly the shining beacon of "frivolous" lawsuits; there is probably a legitimate claim in there somewhere if the crew actually tried to suggest hardening the vessel against pirates, and MAERSK just refused. However, I personally doubt this is the case. One has to remember there hasn't been an American ship taken by pirates in decades prior to this most recent one. How vigorously could this guy's suggestions have been argued, if not one American had been taken hostage in so long?

Back