How is this possible? Tan beret....non-Regiment

B

Boondocksaint375

Can someone shed some light as to why these guys can wear a tan beret without being assigned to regiment. I saw one bio of a guy who is assigned to group, but sporting a tan beret. Maybe Jesse Macbeth thing wasn't a poser after all :D I'm assuming it's some sort of USASOC thing..

http://news.soc.mil/blkdgrslg/BioMain.htm

The person I was referring to was assigned to 7th SFG, but a Black Dagger. So I would have thought he would sport the Green Beret. In the full bio, it said he used to serve in the 75th, but that still doesn't make sense to me.

I think I know that Powell guy...
But since he is assigned to 7th Grp he would wear a Green Beret

Boon,

He's USASOC. He was assigned after selection w/o being Q/C qualified. Guys from Regiment wear the tan until or if they have completed the Q/C and then wearin o the green is the reg headgear.

No one I know of has ever had to mandatorialy attend once behind the fence, although at one time, they had that option.

Now he's on SD with the demo tm.

Check the flash and the crest. It may say he's assigned 7th Grp, but the photo depicts you know who.

One of the guy's clearly has a 3rd Group flash and SF crest on his Tan beret.

Could be a support type, but came from Regiment, and get's to wear his previous units beret ??

Somehow I thought all of them would sport the USASOC flash with the "Sine Pari" crest.

Inquiring minds would like to know. :doh:

Interesting. Then again the RTB Fags! wear the Tan beret (yes I said Fags... I will take my major minus now) and are not even apart of Regiment or USASOC or alright you get the point! I think Centermass is right.

Here's another example of both USASOC, one with Q/C quals and the other from Regiment

CollinsZajkowskiBRC07.jpg

Both BRC winners from last year. Notice the flash and crest on both (identical)

I actually remember the day they told us that Regiment was considering a new beret for us. Their were copies of the proposals hanging around the AO. I wish I kept a copy, but I believe there was a dark red color, a green (oh yes, let's just piss off Group and steal theirs:rolleyes:), and several other ones that I remember sucked...but can't remember. I'm sure some of the other guys that were in while I was can add to that. At that point everyone liked the tan but had the "who really fucking cares" attitude.

Ok so this is the way I understand it. If you are long tabbed you wear the Green beenie, If you are not you wear the Tan beenie while assigned to USASOC... right?

Ok so this is the way I understand it. If you are long tabbed you wear the Green beenie, If you are not you wear the Tan beenie while assigned to USASOC... right?

Assuming you came from 75th Ranger Reg, then I guess.

This was talked about on another forum. I'll have to do a search and get some answers. But, I think Centermass is correct.

Yep.

Support wears the maroon if on jump status and army wide standard issue for all others.

That's how it sounds, but is really retarded to me.

Here's another example of both USASOC, one with Q/C quals and the other from Regiment

Both BRC winners from last year. Notice the flash and crest on both (identical)

Actually, except for the fact that the flashes are different (SOCOM/JCU/J-somebody else on the left and USASOC Ranger dude on the right), you're right...they are identical. :doh:

Back