HSC84 and HSC 85- possible Special Ops Aviation for Navy, Marine Pilots?

DC1220

Unverified
Stumbled across an old thread on here discussing the HSC 84 and 85 being reactivated after some time. I Googled the unit to see if it was still around since the thread was pretty old, and it turns out these actually do exist. HSC 84 and 85 are a Navy reserve Helicopter squadron tasked with Special Operations Support that are currently in the process of hopefully transitioning into the Navy's Aviation element for Special Operations, kind of like the 160th SOAR, only for Navy. According to the Navy Times Article from 2009(pretty old source, but it was pretty much the best i can do) The transition to Special Operations would transform the units into Active Duty.

Currently the unit is serving as a support for the Navy SEALS, SWCC, EOD , SBT, SPECWAR. I assume that there might be a chance that they also support RECON and MARSOC, and other Marine Corps units as well, but i have no knowledge of that, so i cannot say that accurately . Since the Marine Corps and the Navy work together in the DOD, do Marine Corps Helo and Tilt Rotor pilots also have the opportunity to serve in these units as well? I've tried Googling everything, but could not come up with anything(it's possible that they don't take Marine pilots)

Thanks

PS- I posted this in the Navy Section because it applies to a Navy Unit that has possible interactions of the Marine Corps

I remember starting that thread awhile back because I stumbled on the same stuff you looked at. Just look at the responses that the HSC guys posted.

Back