Hurricane Florence

Our forecast went from 15" of rain and hurricane-force winds to 3-5" of rain and a breeze, all in the course of 24 hours. While I am glad we dodged that bullet, prayers out for our colleagues South of the Border...

Yeah, GTFO. Last year we lost power for 8 days during Irma, and by the time it got here, it was only a strong Cat One.

This is a Cat Four, like Hugo. Hugo came in at Charleston and knocked down huge oak trees in Charlotte, 200 miles inland. If you can get the fuck out...Get the fuck out.

I was at McCall and Bragg during Hugo. It was no fucking fun at all.

I was at McCall and Bragg during Hugo. It was no fucking fun at all.

I was in college at ECU, we went to Myrtle Beach to surf. Awesome swells. Chased off by the po-po. That is all I remember about Hugo.

But I worked during Fran and Katrina. Not a big fan of God's urban renewal projects known as hurricanes.

My family’s business, home, vehicles and everything they own are in Myrtle Beach and less than .5mi off the coast. They just caught the last flights out to Ohio where my extended family lives. I’m glad they are safe, but this will likely be devastating on their lives. Good luck to everyone, and to my brothers at Lejeune. Stay safe.

I was in college at ECU, we went to Myrtle Beach to surf. Awesome swells. Chased off by the po-po. That is all I remember about Hugo.

But I worked during Fran and Katrina. Not a big fan of God's urban renewal projects known as hurricanes.

We were in the field at McCall; FTX was cancelled and we were moved back to Bragg. First and only time that happened to us.

Southwest of Bragg - waiting for a fucking hurricane to hit is like being a little kid that has pissed mom off really bad - you know dad is going to whip your ass when he gets home and all you can do is wait for it.

This is how I've seen the Florence Drama play out on facebook.

Florence: I'm coming for you.
VA & SC: Please don't
NC: Bring it

Florence: The fuck did you say to me?
VA & SC: NC, dude shut the fuck up!
NC: Fuck that and fuck her windy ass. Punk ass bitch is only a CAT 3.

Florence: *powers up to CAT 4* still wanna talk shit!?
VA & SC: ... nope, we're good
NC: Not only am I going to CONTINUE to talk shit, we got Jim Cantore on his way and we are meme'ing the fuck out of you.

Florence: you have got to be kidding. Ok fine, I got something for you. *begins powering up to CAT 5*
VA & SC: ......
NC: that's cool, we already have facebook events planned such as welcoming parties, blowing all the fans at you, firing guns at you... we've cleared out ABC stores and are ready to get LIT. Bring it on turbo.

Florence: you... you guys are serious? You really aren't scared of me? But... but I.... I put so much effort into this.
VA & SC: *waiting anxiously*
NC: *chugs beer* get fucked

Florence: fine, I'll leave *shifts south*
VA: *sigh of relief*
SC: God damn it NC you are the worst big brother ever!
NC: time to man up bitch, that damn hurricane is mad.

This is how I've seen the Florence Drama play out on facebook.

Florence: I'm coming for you.
VA & SC: Please don't
NC: Bring it

Florence: The fuck did you say to me?
VA & SC: NC, dude shut the fuck up!
NC: Fuck that and fuck her windy ass. Punk ass bitch is only a CAT 3.

Florence: *powers up to CAT 4* still wanna talk shit!?
VA & SC: ... nope, we're good
NC: Not only am I going to CONTINUE to talk shit, we got Jim Cantore on his way and we are meme'ing the fuck out of you.

Florence: you have got to be kidding. Ok fine, I got something for you. *begins powering up to CAT 5*
VA & SC: ......
NC: that's cool, we already have facebook events planned such as welcoming parties, blowing all the fans at you, firing guns at you... we've cleared out ABC stores and are ready to get LIT. Bring it on turbo.

Florence: you... you guys are serious? You really aren't scared of me? But... but I.... I put so much effort into this.
VA & SC: *waiting anxiously*
NC: *chugs beer* get fucked

Florence: fine, I'll leave *shifts south*
VA: *sigh of relief*
SC: God damn it NC you are the worst big brother ever!
NC: time to man up bitch, that damn hurricane is mad.

A picture...is worth a 1000 words.....

NCSTORMS.jpg

:ROFLMAO:8-):-oO_o

Live from Frying Pan Tower off of the NC Coast

The side bar comments are priceless
icon_lol.gif

This far out we have tropical storm force gusts and stead wind around 25-30. A little heavy rain overnight, but the bulk of the rain is supposed to hit this afternoon, tonight, and over the weekend when this thing turns north. All told expecting 6"-8"* of rain here.

*I told my wife when we got up if she wanted her 6"-8" now or later.

Back