Hurricane Florence

If it hits Fayettenam can you kindly ask it to knock over my house for insurance purposes?? I'm in Germany, don't really care much for the house anymore, and want to buy a bigger one anyway. Thanks.

I get it, a little. We have towns that are still uninhabitable from hurricanes Matthew and Irene, or FEMA and the feds have promised big money to fix it up. #dubious #notconvinced
OK.
From my standpoint it was local governments that screwed the pooch.
Texas has pretty much recovered from Harvey.

OK.
From my standpoint it was local governments that screwed the pooch.
Texas has pretty much recovered from Harvey.

Local government has some responsibility, and I certainly can't speak for all places, just a couple towns in eastern NC that the feds/FEMA told we're getting $ and certain resources that never materialized. Just my very micro view.

Contrast to Katrina in which I worked and once local government got out of the way worked miracles.

Hurricane Florence: Because free stuff matters......:rolleyes:

So the three things I get from friends/family around the country about NC during a hurricane? This (Wilmington), a mob scene at a Wal-Mart, and price-gouging water cases at $42/case (both in my fair city). C'mon, news/social media, you're making us look bad.

Last edited:
So from 0900 Friday until 0900 yesterday (Sunday, 9/16), we got 3 1/2", maybe 4" of rain. Since 0900 yesterday until 0900 today, we got almost 12". And here we thought we were out of the woods.

Florence is still causing local rivers to rise, including the Cape Fear. She's scheduled to crest 4 ft higher then it did during Mathew sometime around tomorrow morning.

Drone footage from today:

It reached the bottom of the Railroad track bridge during Mathew in Oct 2016:

maxresdefault.jpg

This could get interesting.....:-o

Back