Hurricanes and Such

Looks like this will track pretty close to Orlando Int'l and be a tropical storm. Another 14-16 hours and it will pass us. If it slows down, so much the better because they lose so much energy over land.

I would think rainfall would be a bigger threat then wind.

I'm up high, so flooding isn't a problem for me directly. Indirectly to me, infrastructure can flood out though.

With that said, my neighbor has a tree that's taking on a lean. Water-logged soil and surface roots do not like high winds.

Slept about 3 hours last night, kind of a self-imposed "fire watch" you could say. Lots of rain, some wind, it was down to a tropical storm by the time it hit the Orlando area. We're seeing some sporty gusts here and there, but no obvious damage or anything in my neighborhood. The neighbor's tree has taken on a bit more of a lean. I have about 1 1/2" before the pool over flows.

As I'm typed this a squirrel ran across my front yard. Bruh, what are you doing?

Slept about 3 hours last night, kind of a self-imposed "fire watch" you could say. Lots of rain, some wind, it was down to a tropical storm by the time it hit the Orlando area. We're seeing some sporty gusts here and there, but no obvious damage or anything in my neighborhood. The neighbor's tree has taken on a bit more of a lean. I have about 1 1/2" before the pool over flows.

As I'm typed this a squirrel ran across my front yard. Bruh, what are you doing?

Hopefully the gusts stay low. That is what fucked the Canadian East Coast. Ground was already saturated and 100+ year old tree's ripped root balls up. Thankfully only a few small communities were hit with storm surges.

The storm surge was strong enough that Fort Myers had a shark swimming down a street. The storm's low pressure/ "pull" partially drained Tampa Bay.

Hurricane Ian sucked water away from Florida's coast as it moved north

Here’s why Hurricane Ian is sucking water out of Tampa Bay.

gettyimages-1243571743_wide-7a1d56864ec48e9663ffc2bb2cccb3f0b08cdda7-s1300-c85.webp

Back