Hurricanes and Such

The storm surge was strong enough that Fort Myers had a shark swimming down a street. The storm's low pressure/ "pull" partially drained Tampa Bay.

Hurricane Ian sucked water away from Florida's coast as it moved north

Here’s why Hurricane Ian is sucking water out of Tampa Bay.

gettyimages-1243571743_wide-7a1d56864ec48e9663ffc2bb2cccb3f0b08cdda7-s1300-c85.webp

I remember sharks--and gators--swimming the streets of NOLA after Katrina. That's nuts.

I don't think they had sharks in the streets but streets and houses, ended up in the Atlantic.

Photos: The Aftermath of Hurricane Fiona in Eastern Canada

That was a rare event for y'all. Almost like a noreaster. It's hard to believe it had that much warm water that far to be that bad.

We get 'son of Ian' starting tomorrow. NOTHING like what Florida got. Expecting 4"-5" of rain, rind gusts to the 40s, and some localized flooding.

That was a rare event for y'all. Almost like a noreaster. It's hard to believe it had that much warm water that far to be that bad.

We get 'son of Ian' starting tomorrow. NOTHING like what Florida got. Expecting 4"-5" of rain, rind gusts to the 40s, and some localized flooding.

Yes, they said it was a historic event. They get hurricanes and tropical storms but never anything like this.

Sharks with laser beams on foreheads? Sharknado?

In Katrina I was recalled to AD and assigned to fly with Coast Guard and army NG as enroute care RN. It was just crazy. You see people wading in the water, and 10 feet away would be a 8-foot shark or gator just swimming along, and the person would be none the wiser, couldn't see it.

Took a drive around the neighborhood. Some streets look like a bomb went off. Others barely have any limbs down. I didn't see any home damage around here, but my wife has a coworker about 6-7 miles away who took 1/4 of an oak tree through her roof and into her dining room. Poor woman has owned the house less than a month.

Took a drive around the neighborhood. Some streets look like a bomb went off. Others barely have any limbs down. I didn't see any home damage around here, but my wife has a coworker about 6-7 miles away who took 1/4 of an oak tree through her roof and into her dining room. Poor woman has owned the house less than a month.
My brother lives in Holiday, FL. No damage, no loss of power.

Back