Hypothetically Speaking....

Lets try and not bash other sites directly. Many here are members other places as well. Each site has something specific to offer. All can be helpful.
lol I didnt bash!

I was expressing my awe of PS members in the fact that they were born wearing ghillies and killing terrorists before the age of 13.

must be PS.com

Actually, not the specific site I had in mind. I understand where all the sites are coming from in wanting a place to network with brothers, but I feel that some of them should just drop the pretense and make it a requirement that you're vetted SOF, or personally recommended, to join.

Also I wasn't in a rough spot, I was out surfing every day and getting in trouble by the truckload. Trying(and mostly failing) to get laid every night. Shit was sweet. My life was way cooler before the military. Looking back I am suprised I joined. I would go back and tell myself to just keep banging 18 year old blonde surfer groupies. But alas here I am on a plane into a warzone. Funny how life works out.

I was meaning the fact that you were surfing and getting into trouble as opposed to reading the History of Every Military Action Ever, while holding the leaning rest, with a Judo Black Belt kicking you in the ribs. I have yet to see that attitude displayed on this board and it is why I am here so often. The SOF members of this board strike a great balance between explaining and demonstrating the difficulties and needed discipline to be in SOF, while at the same time not taking themselves too seriously.

Great thread. At the end of high school I knew I didn't want to go to college, did not want to live at home and knew I was too lazy to make it without structure. I wished I had known more about the military when I first joined. When the recruiter was reading off the list of what I qualified for from my ASVAB scores I keyed in on Military Police. I thought hey that would be cool to go around breaking up bar fights.
I wish I had understood about combat arms MOS' and about SF. When I went joined in 1980 though it seemed like all of the 11B's and alike were dopers. I'm sure that was not really true, but that was the impression I got. The bottom line is without the military I would have turned out to be a P.O.S.

... reading the History of Every Military Action Ever, while holding the leaning rest, with a Judo Black Belt kicking you in the ribs. ...

Hell, that was kindergarden for Crip... in Grammar school he used to light himself on fire and run ten miles, then eat breakfast, then spar wit hChuck Norris and win.... We can't talk about Crip's High School. that's classified TS/SCI-Cosmic/Blue... we'd have to kill you and then burn the body after cutting off your head and welding it into a titanium safe and sinkinkg it in the Marianas Trench if I said any more... Crip makes wolfgang hammersmith look like a pansy.

:ROFLMAO::-":-o

(I am gonna get so blasted by Crip for this one...)

Hell, that was kindergarden for Crip... in Grammar school he used to light himself on fire and run ten miles, then eat breakfast, then spar wit hChuck Norris and win.... We can't talk about Crip's High School. that's classified TS/SCI-Cosmic/Blue... we'd have to kill you and then burn the body after cutting off your head and welding it into a titanium safe and sinkinkg it in the Marianas Trench if I said any more... Crip makes wolfgang hammersmith look like a pansy.

Might be your best post yet old man! I liked the reference to Wolfgang Pieceoshit!

That's one of the things I admire most about Crip, his humbleness. He said he only used to run 8 miles after setting himself on fire.

And no one, and I mean NO ONE, makes the vaunted Wolfgang Hammersmith look like a pansy. When I saw the vicious lies you and your ilk on PS.com were spreading about him I very nearly called David Oh and John Letuli to come have a chat with you guys.

In the genre of invented names, Wolfgang Hammersmith is good but it can't hold a candle to "Dalton Fury" or my all-time favorite, "Myke Hawke".

In the genre of invented names, Wolfgang Hammersmith is good but it can't hold a candle to "Dalton Fury" or my all-time favorite, "Myke Hawke".

It suddenly occurred to me that the inspiration for this name very easily could have come from "Road House". Hmmm...... Is Patrick Swayze Dalton Fury?

That's one of the things I admire most about Crip, his humbleness. He said he only used to run 8 miles after setting himself on fire.

And no one, and I mean NO ONE, makes the vaunted Wolfgang Hammersmith look like a pansy. When I saw the vicious lies you and your ilk on PS.com were spreading about him I very nearly called David Oh and John Letuli to come have a chat with you guys.

You are disputing my claims that my brother 18D (careful, there are 3 of us here, plus a CWO who used to be an 18D... that's the brainpower of an Infantry Division, all 3 Ranger Bn's, or the USMC en toto) is 1. harder than woodpecker lips and 2. worth 5,753 wofie hammeredshits? :mad: Them's fightin words.... Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die. :hmm:

And, why in the name of all that is sacred did you mention oh and letuli? You might as well mention dalton fury and mike yawn...

Shouldn't you be reading War through the Ages, the Power of Personality in War, On Killing, Men in Arms, Warrior Healers, the art of Warfare and the Go Rin No Sho while rucking and doing pushups at the same time - while preparing to swim the widest part of the Susgehannah River on the coldest day of the year, naked, after eating 3 pounds of ergot tainted wheat? and then doing something productive?

Kids.

You are disputing my claims that my brother 18D (careful, there are 3 of us here, plus a CWO who used to be an 18D... that's the brainpower of an Infantry Division, all 3 Ranger Bn's, or the USMC en toto) is 1. harder than woodpecker lips and 2. worth 5,753 wofie hammeredshits? :mad: Them's fightin words.... Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die. :hmm:
Negative. I was merely adding to the legend by giving an example of the extreme humbleness shown by Crip in not admitting his true greatness to a lowly groupie such as moi.
And, why in the name of all that is sacred did you mention oh and letuli? You might as well mention dalton fury and mike yawn...
I was going to, but the officer beat me to it. He then proceeded to take the credit for inventing those names, and even made a PowerPoint replete with graphs, bars, and pie charts showing he is the indisputable king of made-up poser names.
Shouldn't you be reading War through the Ages, the Power of Personality in War, On Killing, Men in Arms, Warrior Healers, the art of Warfare and the Go Rin No Sho while rucking and doing pushups at the same time - while preparing to swim the widest part of the Susgehannah River on the coldest day of the year, naked, after eating 3 pounds of ergot tainted wheat? and then doing something productive?
Done by 0500. I am currently writing a compare and contrast on the Zulu wars and how they relate to OIF/OEF, the Bay of Pigs, Watergate, the Iran-Contra Affair, and why all of the above can clearly be blamed on George Bush.
Kids.
Negative. I was told that the unit I will be entering into is so top secret that even if I had kids, the Super Top Ultra Uber Secret Child Eliminator Ranger Squad would have to kill them anyways.

I love the name Myke Hawke. I'm just jealous I didn't come up with it as a literary pseudonym first. :(

Back