I am here to get some guidance from SF active duty and vets.

Rannulfr

Unverified
Hello all and let me start off by thanking all who have or are currently surviving.

I am 28, male with not collage degree and have never served. I am looking to join the Army in a year or less as 11x op40 or 18x.

The main reason I joined this community is to get a prospective on the process of join as enlisted at my age. Is it a pipe dream and I have come too late or if I am fit and focused do I have a chance of making it?

A bit about me. When I was 18 I wanted with all my heart to join and had started the process of doing so with an op40. My mother and now wife and mother of my child talked me out of it. Now my son is 2 and the old desire has never left. I feel I need to do this for myself, county and so that my son can point to me and be proud. I have recommitted myself to my physical fitness and have been studying for the asvab and looking to start learning land nav anyway I can.

Any advice and resources you can point me to would be very welcomed, no matter if it's FS related or not. Even if I am unable to joing any form of SF I will be enlisting and if at all possible stay in until I can retire.

Hello all and let me start off by thanking all who have or are currently surviving.

I am 28, male with not collage degree and have never served. I am looking to join the Army in a year or less as 11x op40 or 18x.

The main reason I joined this community is to get a prospective on the process of join as enlisted at my age. Is it a pipe dream and I have come too late or if I am fit and focused do I have a chance of making it?

A bit about me. When I was 18 I wanted with all my heart to join and had started the process of doing so with an op40. My mother and now wife and mother of my child talked me out of it. Now my son is 2 and the old desire has never left. I feel I need to do this for myself, county and so that my son can point to me and be proud. I have recommitted myself to my physical fitness and have been studying for the asvab and looking to start learning land nav anyway I can.

Any advice and resources you can point me to would be very welcomed, no matter if it's FS related or not. Even if I am unable to joing any form of SF I will be enlisting and if at all possible stay in until I can retire.
Rannulfr,
Welcome. I would look at crushing the ASVAB first. I am hoping you typed this introduction quickly and just didn't proofread, but if not, I would also continue looking to strengthen your written communication skills. As you progress in the military, you will be required to converse through writing, and being able to convey the message you want will be critical. If these are typos, hopefully, this can be a lesson learned, so proofread!

Either way, welcome. Lots of people here with lots of knowledge, be respectful, and I'm sure they will square you away.

Rannulfr,
Welcome. I would look at crushing the ASVAB first. I am hoping you typed this introduction quickly and just didn't proofread, but if not, I would also continue looking to strengthen your written communication skills. As you progress in the military, you will be required to converse through writing, and being able to convey the message you want will be critical. If these are typos, hopefully, this can be a lesson learned, so proofread!

Either way, welcome. Lots of people here with lots of knowledge, be respectful, and I'm sure they will square you away.
Yes sir, I did in fact push this intro out with no proofreading. Even so my writing skills are not always the best, especially my grammar. I will take your advice and make sure I demolish the ASVAB.

On that topic. Do you know of any study guides that are worth using? At the moment I am just using YouTube and the like. I really need to find an app so that I can study at work when I have free time and on lunch.

Back