I really appreciate 18D's

flawless95

Unverified
Hey y'all, it's been a while since I've posted on here. Last time I did I was heading to SFAS back in January of this year. It didn't go as planned being that i got med dropped for an injury. I've recovered since then and have kept pushing myself to achieve a better physical shape than I was even before last time. The thing is that I'm soon deploying. I'm excited for it because it will be my first deployment, and I believe that through this deployment I will mature and gain more experience. That way I might have just a little bit more to offer of myself to SF.

Well enough with the rambling, now on to the topic. I'm currently attending the BCT3 training. I was in this class earlier this year as well. The last time I attended BCT3 it was taught by cadre from the Ft. Sam Houston 68W course. It was a really good experience then, and it helped refresh some skill and learn some new ones. This time around it is taught by a contracted company. If I can recall, 8 out of 10 of the instructors are retired 18D's and out of those eight I believe the majority are instructors at the 18D course.

These instructors go so in depth and detail about the material that it's amazing. I've been a medic for a while now and the way they explain things,... it just brings everything to a new light. Their experience not only in the field, but also as instructors really shows when they teach. They teach techniques which seem like they would be common sense, but they have never occurred to any of us. Their patience, dedication and over-all knowledge of the subjects they teach is no less than admirable.

With all of that being said, I can't wait to give SFAS another shot and God willing make it. And then hopefully continue to become an 18D. I truly hope and aspire to one day eventually have that medical knowledge and professional experience to be able to teach other medical personnel to do what I believe to be one of the most important jobs in the world, and that is to make sure that the men and women who serve overseas with us make it back alive.

I really want to thank not only the 18D's, but all of the SF members who took that one extra step to do that job that only 1% of the army does. I look forward to be within your ranks someday. Hopefully soon. Thank you all for your time and the patience to read this through.

Back