I think these 'trainers' saw this drill on The Unit....

LMFAO. I love the random direction search and assess they all did at the end.

But this is also appalling..

There is a place and time for building team/squad/platoon confidence. A chicken shit pistol course ain't it.

Unfortunately their are clowns who pass on their bullshit as "instructors" who have no background in it and have no business teaching anything in that arena.

But what the fuck would I know...

You just have to be a good story teller like A J Dicken. The most highly decorated Navy Seal in the history of Navy Seals.

There is a place and time for building team/squad/platoon confidence. A chicken shit pistol course ain't it.

Unfortunately their are clowns who pass on their bullshit as "instructors" who have no background in it and have no business teaching anything in that arena.

But what the fuck would I know...
They are out there. Qualified by osmosis...

These shady, fly-by-night instructors have exploded and proliferated since 9/11. Some of the new instructors and training groups are truly magical and wonderful, but most are laughable.

You haters...that shit's the real deal and only shows you're armchair commandos. I'm just disappointed they didn't include front flips and push-ups...

What a coincidence - they all stopped shooting to look around for their cars keys at the same time.

Good stuff

This makes me think of the dude I went to basic with, quit airborne school, went to Hood, got caught with oxy, crashed his truck to get out of deploying, and then attacked his TL with a knife. Got discharged. Now he’s a shooting instructor in NC. Can’t make that shit up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes me think of the dude I went to basic with, quit airborne school, went to his Hood, got caught with oxy, crashed his truck to get out of deploying, and then attacked his TL with a knife. Got discharged. Now he’s a shooting instructor in NC. Can’t make that shit up.

"Well the army kicked me out cause I was too good in pre-deployment training. The were afraid I'd go over there, get in my blood rage like Rambo, and take out all the Taliban, and then start a war with Pakistan and Russia, so they kicked me out".

-that guy if someone asks about his record

This makes me think of the dude I went to basic with, quit airborne school, went to Hood, got caught with oxy, crashed his truck to get out of deploying, and then attacked his TL with a knife. Got discharged. Now he’s a shooting instructor in NC. Can’t make that shit up.
He's probably the first one at Applebee's on Veterans day.

I'm surprised that drill wasn't run by James "Parking Brake" Yaeger.

It would not surprise me to find out the trainers had some connection back to him (eg former students), and had gotten their training methods and justifications ingrained from that school. The whole thing looks like something out of one of his classes.

Back