I'm 15 do I belong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnClutch

Unverified
Hi everyone just wondering, I'm an aspiring Force Recon Marine. I am 15 years old and I'm just wondering if I should be on this forum or not. Am I too young to be thinking about this?

You're not too young to begin educating yourself on the subject. You're too young to be providing any advice, however you can still read. What is your impression of Force Recon and why is it your aspiration?

Not really sure but my reasoning for doing so is really cliche. Ever since I was around 10 I just had this feeling. My grandpa was a Marine and served in battles like Guadalcanal and various islands in the Pacific, I never met him in person because he died of emphysema but just knowing and hearing the stories from my Dad about him made me want to be a Marine. Couple of years of research which led to past months of me discovering Force Recon, MARSOC, ect. I dug deep into things that can make me further serve my country to more extreme levels than a basic Marine infantryman, not taking ANY credit away from them at all but I feel like it's just something I want to do in life, to do something that only a few individuals have the willpower and determination to do and be in a team with those that have the same feelings seems like something I want. I don't know how to describe it other than a sort of "calling". Really though, I just can't see myself doing anything other than the military, special operations or not.

Welcome on Board.

At the VA hospital there is a wall. On this wall are photos of people about your age, who enlisted in the military. Some found their way in to nasty battles, some had long careers, some where discovered and discharged, and it was for both men and women.

I have a friend that is all he wanted to do was joined the Marines. He didn't even wait to graduate from the high school to join the Marines. He retired after 29 years as a Sgt. Major.

Dreams stay dreams if all you ever do is dream. Wish you luck.

Hollis.

USMC 0311/0353.

Reactions: AWP
Just remember, if you make it to Basic Training, you'll graduate as a "basic Marine" before you go on to anything else.
Welcome to the site. Plenty of good advice has already been thrown your way. Good luck.

CapnClutch

OK, listen. We've had a lot of trolls come through here lately, claiming to be young boys but turning out to be complete assclowns. That's distracting for the site members, and time consuming for the staff. For that reason, and especially in light of your post #7 above, I am already considering banning you and saving the site the problems of doing it later. So, if you get out of line even once in the next 30 days, I'm going to summarily ban you. I'm done playing games with trolls. It would be in your best interests to ensure you are very familiar with, and comply with, the site rules and don't say anything that arouses suspicion.

That said, if you are who and what you say you are, and if you follow the site rules, you are welcome here. It's up to you.

Reactions: CDG
CapnClutch

OK, listen. We've had a lot of trolls come through here lately, claiming to be young boys but turning out to be complete assclowns. That's distracting for the site members, and time consuming for the staff. For that reason, and especially in light of your post #7 above, I am already considering banning you and saving the site the problems of doing it later. So, if you get out of line even once in the next 30 days, I'm going to summarily ban you. I'm done playing games with trolls. It would be in your best interests to ensure you are very familiar with, and comply with, the site rules and don't say anything that arouses suspicion.

That said, if you are who and what you say you are, and if you follow the site rules, you are welcome here. It's up to you.
Polar Bear asked me if I considered the Air Force and I only said that I did think about it and I wasn't sure why the thought passed. Sorry if I somehow caused trouble in my post it wasn't intended and I wasn't expecting this response.

Just read a lot. Read a lot and post less often and you'll be successful. Contribute only where you know your contribution would be beneficial. However, being you're 15 with no military experience, (or life) that speaks volumes over anything you say/post/do ect. Keep that in mind, heed advice, don't be a bitch and take advantage of the knowledge and information before you. Welcome.

Polar Bear asked me if I considered the Air Force and I only said that I did think about it and I wasn't sure why the thought passed. Sorry if I somehow caused trouble in my post it wasn't intended and I wasn't expecting this response.

I can't speak directly for a fellow staff member, but in the last 6 months we've had far too many members claiming (correctly or not) to be of your age and with similar aspirations. Trolls or not, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet), they've caused us too much effort and work.

So, don't take our skepticism personally, but we've been burned far too many times. For the reasons above I strongly recommend that you read, read, search (upper right hand corner of your screen) and read some more. I know you want to ask questions, I was your age once and natural curiosity (a good thing) would lead me to saying something I didn't need to (a bad thing), but resist that temptation and just READ for a month or two. You'll understand all of this one day.

Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back