Info Request: CPL Bill Amundson 3-75th RGR. - KIA 18OCT04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assisting the William "Bill" Amundson Memorial VFW Post 12075 as their website administrator. Also preparing a 10 minute speech which I will present to over 2000 people on 10SEP11. I have more than sufficient information on Bill for my speech, but want more info from his Ranger brothers. Please email me at usarchangels@hotmail.com with any info you'd like me to add. I have a lot of info from his family and currently speaking with his best friend, however need to be able to eat, sleep, breathe with as much info as I can get.
www.vfwpost12075.org www.helpingourmilitary.org www.americanarchangels.org

Welcome to our forums. This particular subforum is a chance for you to introduce yourself and tell us a little about who you are so that we might know with whom we are interacting.

LL

Max-

Welcome to the site. I think what you're trying to do here is a good thing, but you're going about it the wrong way. You made three posts in a row that said almost the exact same thing (a violation of the site rules, I would consider it "spam" if not for the content), and none of the three posts was an introduction, as specified in the site rules. To help you out a little, I deleted your other posts and edited out the first one in this thread. Feel free to re-engage with what you're trying to accomplish (ONE post in ONE thread) after you've familiarized yourself with the site rules and done a proper into. You can start a separate intro thread or just do an intro in this one.

Again, I think what you're trying to accomplish is a good thing, and I think there are people here who can help you, but this is our house and I'd ask that you abide by our rules. Thanks and good luck.

Welcome to the site. I think what you're trying to do here is a good thing, but you're going about it the wrong way. You made three posts in a row that said almost the exact same thing (a violation of the site rules, I would consider it "spam" if not for the content), and none of the three posts was an introduction, as specified in the site rules. To help you out a little, I deleted your other posts and edited out the first one in this thread. Feel free to re-engage with what you're trying to accomplish (ONE post in ONE thread) after you've familiarized yourself with the site rules and done a proper into. You can start a separate intro thread or just do an intro in this one.

Again, I think what you're trying to accomplish is a good thing, and I think there are people here who can help you, but this is our house and I'd ask that you abide by our rules. Thanks and good luck.

Im sorry. TBI & PTSD. I will try to not mess it up the next time. Thank you for your help.

I came over here to ShadowSpear looking for information on a charitable project I'm currently working on. It's an honor and a privilege to do so for all of the organizations involved.

Sorry to have messed up my earlier intro. I have PTSD & TBI and am currently recovering from my 3rd back surgery. I didnt think the pain meds affected me that much a few hours ago. When I came back to Shadowspear I realized what an ** I made of myself for doing so.

My name is Max Reinhardt. I served in the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard, and was medically discharged from the Coast Guard after a shipboard injury on the Bering Sea near Dutch Harbor, Alaska. After recovering from my first back surgery, I later spent 41 months in and around Baghdad, Iraq from 2004 - 2007 as a U.S. military contractor. I had a profound urge to continue to supporting our troops after permanently returning to the United States due to an aggravation of my disability caused by being too close to numerous car bombs and mortar attacks during his extended time in Iraq. I have since been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, memory loss and migraines. I have also been diagnosed with increased sciatica and lumbar degenerative traumatic arthritis. Although the docs say I display the underlying symptoms, and have previously been tested, a diagnosis of traumatic brain injury has yet to be determined.

I had a second back surgery in December 2009, and third (a lumbar spinal fusion with titanium screws) at the VA Hospital in Houston on 26 August, 2011. I have been wearing my combat boots since the day he was release from the hospital in an effort to raise awareness that the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post # 12075 is in need of public support to be able to continue their mission.

I am an Asst. Laundry Manager within Texas Medical Center, an
Eagle Cane recipient and an alumnus of the Wounded Warrior Project.

My wife, Kim, is a Surgical Scrub Tech at Hermann Hospital in the Medical Center in addition to being my Caregiver. In the WWP Caregiver's Retreat Program, she attended a retreat to Las Vegas in 2010 to learn more about how to deal with the stress of being a caregiver of a disabled veteran with PTSD.

Hope that helps. Here's my website with the remainder of info. I did some cut and paste as I cant think straight today. Hope you dont mind.
www.americanarchangels.org

Here is the website im making for Bill's Memorial VFW Post: www.vfwpost12075.org.

Please accept my sincere apologies for previous postings. Wont happen again. My brain's not all there today.
Admin: Thank you for your kindness in not banning me for triple posting. I wont hang out here - just needed info on Bill Amundson.

wow man.. I have not seen most of those pictures you have up there.

What a flood of memories..

What do you need to know? you can PM me on here

Please hang out here. We are an online community centered on the military special operations world. We welcome any and all, especially people humble enough to screw up and then apologize so sincerely. ;)

LL

Welcome to SS. Come and sit a spell.....I think you will enjoy this site.

RF 1

Thank you all. Tonight, im working on getting a challenge coin made for the William "Bill" Amundson Memorial VFW Post 12075 and will include 3-75th RGR BN Coat of Arms and Unit Insignias.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes. Sorry if im not on here much. Im working my tail off with our non profit and preparing for a speech which i will be dedicating to Bill. I will be on to check replies though. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back