Information Warfare Reading list

Here is a reading list that Key Terrain Cyber published recently on information warfare.

Key Terrain Cyber: Information Warfare Reading List - Key Terrain Cyber
I may be outta my depth here, but is it wise to have Nina Jankowicz as a required reading person? Pretty sure she was the nutcase who was gonna head up a misinformation board for the DHS.

I'm just a layperson, but I'm willing to bet there are some interesting connections to be made with some of these academics and the misinfo shenanigans going on in CONUS. Call me paranoid, but it seems like poison is being dumped into the well as it's being dug brother.

I may be outta my depth here, but is it wise to have Nina Jankowicz as a required reading person? Pretty sure she was the nutcase who was gonna head up a misinformation board for the DHS.

I'm just a layperson, but I'm willing to bet there are some interesting connections to be made with some of these academics and the misinfo shenanigans going on in CONUS. Call me paranoid, but it seems like poison is being dumped into the well as it's being dug brother.
I didn't recognize the connection until you brought it up. I've heard the book is well researched though.

Considering information warfare is a two-way street, her book could maybe teach us a thing or two on the topic. We can dismiss their opinions because we "know" how they think, but do we? A person can oversimply the 5W's on just about any topic, and do so to their detriment.

I didn't recognize the connection until you brought it up. I've heard the book is well researched though.
No worries and apologies for sounding paranoid. I'll definitely have to look at her sources, if anything it's good to learn from ones adversary. Was just worried about people like her potentially furrowing themselves deeper into the info/cyber warfare realm.

Considering information warfare is a two-way street, her book could maybe teach us a thing or two on the topic. We can dismiss their opinions because we "know" how they think, but do we? A person can oversimply the 5W's on just about any topic, and do so to their detriment.
To use an analogy. Sometimes it's also good to know if the snake you're studying is venomous or not.

Yeah I mean I read books written by Che Guevara and Mao after all.

That woman is crazy, and the whole "information czar" thing was Orwellian. It says a lot about the state of our country that the idea was even seriously considered in the first place.
I'm worried that woman and "compromised" people like her becoming foundational stones, in the way info/cyber war is taught and shaped as
doctrine.

Her name was the only one that was popped up in my mind. But I bet there are a ton of people like her, that have crawled outta the incestuous pit that is academia, intel, and social media, with twitter file drops giving us a glimpse of what goes on in the pit.

Yeah I mean I read books written by Che Guevara and Mao after all.
Apt analogy.

Stop with that educational "know your enemy" stuff. There's NO WAY actual professionals read an enemy's viewpoint...
She is an enemy with access and I'd hazard there are many like her. It's akin to Mao and Che working for the State Dept, when they're not teaching at their college gigs.

Last edited:
Back