Intel and Comms?

Haha, yes. I actually wouldn't mind going and learning morse.

You know you're a true SIGINT nerd when you find your hand "tracing the code" on the walls as you walk through a SCIF...

I do know that our S-6 2651's get rigorous training in comms and how to properly shoot their comm load across the world. These guys can shoot comm for days. Massive amounts of comm. The load these guys are expected to fill is ridiculous... Puns intended. As for 21's like myself and other members of the 26XX, we dont get a great deal of training in comm, just the basics when you're on a team. Essentially enough to get yourself in trouble, or give the 51 a few extra hours of sleep before they have to un-f#ck your mess.

Whats even better is being in a Radio Battalion and having people come ask you if you can fix their radios... Or what the load plan for the day is... or what freq's are available for training.... We've started telling people all the antenna's and secrecy, the cypher-locks and all that is because we're with SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence). They usually stop asking questions after hearing that.

Back