Interesting Pictures of Nazi Germany in WW II — Life Magazine

Great post, Trip. Good reminder of what's possible if people get too comfortable, and fail to pay attention to what's going on around them.........

I think the outdoor rally pix are from Nuremberg with one, the one with the crowd spelling letter from the Olympics. I'll take a guess and say that the blonde in the armchair is Magda Goebbels. Nice pix Trip.

Its always amazing to me to see the everyday life pictures like that. It all seems so unbelievable that it really happened sometimes. The presence of the swastika was just everywhere.

The most striking one to me is the one with the Bayer logo on top of the building with the Nazi Flags right there as well. I am working at a Bayer Healthcare facility in Berkeley CA at this very moment with the exact same Bayer logo displayed everywhere.

Wow.....

Great Post TW! I think it’s pretty amazing to see the amount of infrastructure and massing numbers of people that supported their government at that time frame. It’s hard to find good quality color pictures of Germany during that time frame and how the show the how powerful the German government was.

These also make me wonder how much money and resources the Germans government wasted on these little parades and there Nazi government symbols (flags and statues ect.).

Thanks for posting that up TW. Interesing things..like the vehicles..yet as posted above..the swastikas EVERYWHERE. Creepy.

The most striking one to me is the one with the Bayer logo on top of the building with the Nazi Flags right there as well. I am working at a Bayer Healthcare facility in Berkeley CA at this very moment with the exact same Bayer logo displayed everywhere.

Wow.....

There's a few more companies still around from that era in Germany.

If you get an opportunity to visit Nuremberg go do it. I went there last month and was amazed at the nice museum they have there and some of the grounds where they used to do the rallies.

Wow.....

Bayer made Zyklon B (Gas used at the camps) as well as VX gas.

Most of the vehicles you see were made by Volkswagen (the Peoples car), Siemens also contributed to the war effort, as did Mercedes Benz.

Not at all stirring the pot, just saying that it's interesting.

H

Back