Intro - Ary

Ary

Unverified
Hey all,
My name is Ary and I'm interested in enlisting into the military after graduating college (December 2024), and have joined this forum to gain some insight on the recruiting process and such. I am interested in MI, mainly 35P/M and attending RASP after AIT. I've searched this forum for some posts about MI in Regiment/SOT-A (do they do similar things?) I know a lot of what is interesting about MI cannot be discussed, but I was wondering if anyone in this forum could give some insight on life in the RMIB as a 35P/M. Also, I know this has been discussed before, but as GWOT in Afghanistan has ended, are Intel Ranger still out there doing things? I know I don't want to be an infantryman, but I'd still like to be out in the field collecting intel, doing plainclothes and interesting stuff like that.
I am also a Computer Science major, so I was wondering if my skills from my degree can be used in the Regiment, I've looked at 17C, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on what it's about/what they do in regiment.

Thanks!

Hey all,
My name is Ary and I'm interested in enlisting into the military after graduating college (December 2024), and have joined this forum to gain some insight on the recruiting process and such. I am interested in MI, mainly 35P/M and attending RASP after AIT. I've searched this forum for some posts about MI in Regiment/SOT-A (do they do similar things?) I know a lot of what is interesting about MI cannot be discussed, but I was wondering if anyone in this forum could give some insight on life in the RMIB as a 35P/M. Also, I know this has been discussed before, but as GWOT in Afghanistan has ended, are Intel Ranger still out there doing things? I know I don't want to be an infantryman, but I'd still like to be out in the field collecting intel, doing plainclothes and interesting stuff like that.
I am also a Computer Science major, so I was wondering if my skills from my degree can be used in the Regiment, I've looked at 17C, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on what it's about/what they do in regiment.

Thanks!
Welcome

Welcome! One of the last US servicemembers to die in Afghanistan before the withdrawal was an infantryman with the 75th Ranger Regiment who later became a cryptologist. He died supporting 7th Group in the Nangarhar Province. He was an exceptional soldier, am someone worth emulating given your preferred career path.

In Memory of SFC Antonio Rey Rodriguez - Key Terrain Cyber

Welcome! One of the last US servicemembers to die in Afghanistan before the withdrawal was an infantryman with the 75th Ranger Regiment who later became a cryptologist. He died supporting 7th Group in the Nangarhar Province. He was an exceptional soldier, am someone worth emulating given your preferred career path.

In Memory of SFC Antonio Rey Rodriguez - Key Terrain Cyber
Thank you for informing me about him! Very interesting career and a brave man.

Back