Intro

Rabbit

Unverified
My name is Ben and I'm an alcoholic a civilian who is in the DEP awaiting my ship date. I leave for basic next year. I came here because I am interested in joining the special operations community but, as I have no concrete plan for how I want to make myself useful, I am here to learn what I can. With that in mind, I plan to sit down, shut up, and pay attention.

Good deal. Which SOF component of the Army are you interested in? There is a great mentor program here for those with SOF aspirations.

Honestly, I don't know and that's part of the reason I'm here. I remember reading a post either here or on another site saying that if you don't know for sure that you want to join, don't bother attending selection, so until I know for certain, I'll keep doing the research. Besides, I was told at MEPS that I'm not eligible for any kind of security clearance on account of the fact that I've lived outside the States for such a long time, so I have at least a year to think, research, and prepare.

Honestly, I don't know and that's part of the reason I'm here. I remember reading a post either here or on another site saying that if you don't know for sure that you want to join, don't bother attending selection, so until I know for certain, I'll keep doing the research. Besides, I was told at MEPS that I'm not eligible for any kind of security clearance on account of the fact that I've lived outside the States for such a long time, so I have at least a year to think, research, and prepare.

MEPS isn't 100% on knowing who can get a clearance and who cannot. I was fed a similar line when I was at MEPS. Then, lo and behold, I received a clearance. Keep your nose clean, do your best, be honest and you'll do as well as you want.

MEPS isn't 100% on knowing who can get a clearance and who cannot. I was fed a similar line when I was at MEPS. Then, lo and behold, I received a clearance. Keep your nose clean, do your best, be honest and you'll do as well as you want.

Roger that, good to know.

Welcome aboard. What MOS did you enlist for?

68W. Not what I originally wanted but I believe that knowing how to stitch people up will be a useful skill no matter what I do in the future and as long as it's my job, I intend to excel at it.

Back