Intro

JoesPizza11B

Verified Military
I am an Infantryman in the KS Army National Guard. I joined because I have a long tradition of military history in my family, and after high school I couldn't afford college and didn't really know what to do with my life until I joined the Army. I joined the Infantry because I wanted to be on the tip of the spear, kickin in door and takin names, sadly I joined the National Guard out of ignorance, so training and missions have been somewhat disappointing. I am an E4 with 3.5 years TIS, with 2.5 years left on my contract. I deployed to the Horn of Africa in 2010-2011. While on that deployment I spent 8 months in Kenya doing force-pro, and 4 months in Djibouti doing flight-line security. It was a really interesting deployment, but very boring we didn't get any TICs and most of us would rather have gone to Afghanistan. Since I got back from Africa I have been trying to get a conditional release from my guard contract to go active duty, so far I have been denied/ or my paperwork has been "lost" 3 times, but I am putting in another request this fall and I think it will be approved. From my understanding the only MOS open right now to prior service is 18X, but what I really want more than anything is an 11B/option 40 contract, as it is my dream to be in the 75th RR. I did a lot of research in to the 75th RR and SF to figure out what I want, now I am sure. If I cant get an option 40 contract, then I will try to get an airborne contract and just be a big enough PT stud at airborne school that I can just volunteer there for RASP. My last choice would be to go to the 82nd or the 101st and request RASP from there but I am guessing it would take me a long time to get it. Now all I can do is PT my balls off.

Have you thought about switching over to 35 series, going to DLI and then heading to the 75th? Recruiters from the 75th and Group were there constantly during my time there. It's such a hard position to fill, I can't imagine it has changed. The last email I saw for prior service, I "BELIEVE" that it said 35p was an option, I'll have to look again though.

Welcome aboard.
There is a plethora of information here regarding the topics you've brought up. Good luck.

Have you thought about switching over to 35 series, going to DLI and then heading to the 75th? Recruiters from the 75th and Group were there constantly during my time there. It's such a hard position to fill, I can't imagine it has changed. The last email I saw for prior service, I "BELIEVE" that it said 35p was an option, I'll have to look again though.
Thanks for the advice, but I love being Infantry and want to serve with the best Infantry unit out there. I'm afraid for me Its Infantry or bust. Also the issue I have to focus on first is getting released from my guard contract, there's no point in even going to the recruiter until then because there is nothing they can do until I get my 368 approved.

Back